Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Dublin on a Sunday

• 21-01-2011 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Ok I'm at a loss here,
    Its a first date with a seriously nice girl and want to make an impression. Wanna do something good that doesn't really involve drinkig, actually not at all if possible. Wouldn't mind going for a nice meal and then maybe somewhere like the Guiness store house but it closes at 5, pretty useless really.

Anyway here's kinds what i need and don't need.

1. Something different but romantic
    2. Not too much off the outdoors if the weather stays this bad
    3. Friendly price on the pocket but dont mind spending a few quid either though.
    4. Start about 5 in city centre or Dun Laoghaire have crossed my mind.
    5. I want to impress but not over eagerly, play it cool like :D
    6. Something where talking is involved and not boozing really.
    7. No cinema or the likes but maybe a comedy show or something.

If anyone has any ideas I would be entirely grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

If u start earlier - I'd risk the turner exhibition! Honest! It's only on until 31st. Unashamed plug for website for other pointers below!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

The capital comedy club has gigs most Sundays, they're mad cheap as well.

If you're looking for somewhere really different there's a tea house on Ormond Quay, it's really cute and relaxing, you can get about a hundred varieties of tea and a shisha (if that's the right word? Indian pipe thingy for flavoured air?)- I went there on a first date in March or April and we're still together! It's pricey enough, could be six euro for a little pot of tea but it's worth it for the experience.

If I think of anything else I'll post it later, that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

Advertisement