Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ HD teething problems?

• 21-01-2011 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Didnt even last a month without sky so I rejoined and got a new box. The old box I had was around 2 years old. I have noticed a few different things about this box
    • The grey sides on the box were the air vents are seems a wee bit loose :confused: The previous box I had, they appeared to be solid. (Only noticed it while pulling the box forward tidying up). Is this the norm? Maybe loose is too strong a term but the air vent part dont seem to be as strong as I had in my old dish. Is this a design change?
    • When I unplugged the box this evening tidying up, I pulled it forward...anyway when I turned it on again the screen was all strange like snowy in part's. I turned it off and on again - the same. Third time I checked all the connections were in and give ech one a push even though they appeared to be in right anyway and it came on then. I'm surprised as nothing seemed to be loose.
    • Finally the box went off itself tonight after 12 I think. Now I know they go on standby to save energy after being idle for (4 hours according to the manual), and you'll get a warning. I had only changed channel no more than maybe 45 mins earlier, but what happened was a message came up saying something like ''waiting for SkyHD'' and the box went off it's self. (That's what the person in the room thought the message said, I wasnt in when it went off) When I turned it on the sky home channel came on instead of the channel they were watching.
    So what are your suggestions folks? Teething problems? Faulty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Assume you've been a sky+hd box new.

1) That's normal. They're grilles held in by the top cover. New box design isn't a solid sheet of metal for the cover.

2) Cables, in particular HDMI (if you are using that) need to be pushed fully "home".

3) Sounds like you received a software update for the box. There's a number of updates being rolled out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 The Donegal Man

Kensington wrote: »
    Assume you've been a sky+hd box new.

1) That's normal. They're grilles held in by the top cover. New box design isn't a solid sheet of metal for the cover.

2) Cables, in particular HDMI (if you are using that) need to be pushed fully "home".

3) Sounds like you received a software update for the box. There's a number of updates being rolled out at the moment.

Cheers! ;)

Yeah, well strictly speaking it would be the part of the air vents near the front of the box the feel "loose".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

1. You haven't stated the make and model number from the label.

2. Never EVER touch the Digibox or its connections without first putting it into standby, waiting a minute for the Hard Drive to spin down, then unplugging it from the mains power socket.

If you disturb connections while it's "live" you risk causing damage. If you knock the box while the Hard Drive is spinning, you risk damaging it. And there is a very small risk of getting an electric shock - sufficient to make you drop or jolt the box.

Advertisement