Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sasser Virus - Please help

• 21-01-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was up until 12 last night trying to remove what appears to be a Sasser Worm (Variant F i'm guessing) from my PC. It keeps rebooting itself, i've tried the whole "Run, Cmd, shutdown.exe -i and -a" it says it's delayed the shutdown but the PC isn't necessarily shutting down it just keeps rebooting. It keeps returning to the Start Up in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking etc screen before starting up.

My AV has been turned off and every single app I click on it's saying there's an error. I tried to go online and got a message saying "The pages have become unresponsive, do you want to wait for them to become responsive or kill them?" ehhmm, no I'm good thanks, but joking aside my PC is very sick.

Hope someone can help.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

If you can start in Safe Mode with Networking, then you should be able to get some of the tools referred to here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I've tried starting in this Mode with no success, but i'll print off that page and give it another shot, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Danniboo wrote: »
    I've tried starting in this Mode with no success, but i'll print off that page and give it another shot, thanks for that.

It's probably worth scanning with a bootable antivirus CD like Bitdefender too just to seee what it reports. Sasser is such an old virus that it seems odd that it could still be getting onto machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Yeah I thought so too.

Advertisement