Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: NAT Problem

• 21-01-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right category? But I think it may be a problem with my internet provider?

The problem is my NAT type. Its type 3 and when I'm online playing games on my PS3, I get issues with my voice chat. I've been online trying to figure out a solution and none work.

I've given the PS3 a static IP address and placed it in a DMZ(via my router) and it doesnt work. I've tried opening TCP ports 80, 443, 5223 and UDP ports 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658 but still no joy.

I'm starting to wonder is it a problem with my ISP? I'm with Permanet.

Has anyone else had such issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What make and model modem do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

Its an Arris WM550. Thats then connected to a Belkin Surf Router N150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

What IP address are you getting on WAN side of your router? The reason I ask is I want to be sure you have the modem set up to bridge your connection and give your router a public IP rather than having the modem give a private address. (For privacy reasons if you just quote the first 2 octets that's enough).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Is there an option for UPnP in your router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi anyone know how to get nat 1 on upc broadband heard network switch can but has anybody using upc broadband used a network switch what make and were you buy it .I could put my ps3 into DMZ how save would my labtop be and ps3 thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement