Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wish I owned these.....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's some lovely gear there. Does he even post to here though I wonder, only says to UK on those auctions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

A Lot of auctions say that. you just send them a private message and 9/10 they will send here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's all about having a boxed 3DO :cool: Don't ask me why though :confused::p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    It's all about having a boxed 3DO :cool: Don't ask me why though :confused::p

Other than the machine itself looking space age cool, is there any decent games for it? :)

Wow, some price for a 2600 CIB from the same seller, current bid £103 here. It's condition looks almost too good to be true.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Other than the machine itself looking space age cool, is there any decent games for it? :)

Wow, some price for a 2600 CIB from the same seller, current bid £103 here. It's condition looks almost too good to be true.

There's a handful of actual good games for it, and a fair amount of poor ones. For me though, it was the whole elusive lure of the 3DO during the 90's that's ingrained on my mind. I had to get one, despite all of it's shortcomings. The Jaguar is much the same for me, as a games console it's pathetic, but for brainwashed 90's kids...it will always be the console you simply have to have - whether you play it or not.

• Advertisement

So you are saying I was brainwashed :o ( Bold or Daz ) as I have an Atari Jaguar. I just liked the console ( Tempest 2000 and Alien Vs Predator are two great games for the system) Same with the 3DO?, Road Rash and Need for speed still stand up today for gameplay.
    :p

PS not a 90's kid bit older......

So you are saying I was brainwashed :o ( Bold or Daz ) as I have an Atari Jaguar. I just liked the console ( Tempest 2000 and Alien Vs Predator are two great games for the system) Same with the 3DO?, Road Rash and Need for speed still stand up today for gameplay.

PS not a 90's kid bit older......

Lol, brainwashed might be a bit harsh. I too have both the systems mint in box. I never play them. Ever.

I'll put it to you this way, those systems made a big impression on me via games magazines & the likes of Bad Influence etc during the 90's. Finding out in later years, their actually quite poor for the most part made no difference to that impression I had. In my mind, they've become games consoles from an era when consoles & games made up a huge part of my life. For that reason alone, I bought them just to have them. You could say I bought them for what they represent to me, rather than what they can actually do. Call it the collector in me, the archiver if you will, but for me, they're just things that were out of reach for me as a kid.

First of all can I have your boxed machines.....All I have boxed at the mo is a SNES, Megadrive 1 and Atari 7800.....A boxed Jag went for £72 and £25 post. dame wifes 40th birthday. I would of had the money for it......as well as a boxed 3DO £70 plus £ 30 post.....

I agree with you on what you are saying, about having the consoles as they were part of my life.....I mean I got an Atari Lynx so I could play Rygar on the dame thing. Still wonder what I would get for the wife and kids on eaby ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    For that reason alone, I bought them just to have them..

I would say about 50% of my posessions fall under that category. I find another annoying thing about having this ..'problem' is that it makes it extremely hard to get rid of things and declutter.

'I don't use this...but OMG THE NOSTALGIA!'

o1s1n wrote: »
    'I don't use this...but ZOMG THE NOSTALGIA!'

Lol, oh yes, that's the one. I labelled it as a sickness in the past :(

And fyp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That nostalgia is the only thing that separates us from those hoarding nutters...so it's pretty feckin' important! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey!
    I have most of those!
    Happy days!

I don't have the 6128, but then it isn't quite showered in must have titles.
    Don't have a C64 either, to my shame, will get one though, on my things to do list for 2011!

Double Plus Good on the 3DO though, I have my big boxy beauty and love it, owned one at launch and, yes Road Rash and Need For Speed are the bomb, but so are Burning Soldier, Starblade, Return Fire, Super Street Fighter II X, Samurai Shodown, and the greatest of all, Star Control II.

Lynx is great for Xybots and Stunrunner, Jag only has Tempest 2000, sorry AvP is awful, really bad, Doom, that is any version of Doom not on the Jag, is better!

And I'm always surprised at just how good Defender II (Stargate) is on the 2600.

Advertisement