Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bun Gloss

Options
  • 21-01-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Down in the Kerry thread - I heard of a place called Sleive League -- apparently its in Donegal - I never heard of it -- have you ?

So I went searching for it and found these movies.

The place and cliffs Bun Gloss look staggering - as good as Cliffs of Moher or anywhere in Europe.

I wonder why Board Failte dont go on and on and on and on about these great places -- if we paddys dont know of them how can the tourists

The movie is at

20100815_214104_00001.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I think, and thats a very big think but they were mentioned in a thread a while back and iirc they were noted as being some of the higest sea cliffs or something. i'll have a look now in a bit and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

they are the among highest sea cliffs in Europe at 600 metres, which puts them well over twice the height of Moher. Here is a link. Bord Failte have traditionally focused their promotion of Ireland, on the southern half of the country. If you were up this way today, Slieve League would be spectacular. There is no charge to park your car like they do at Moher, and it isn't over-run with tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Is it not Bun Glas? Meaning green hil ot green foot/bottom or something like that.
    Come on up, it's anice part of the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

ive been to that sleve league place, its amazeing! even tho i was pregnant at the time and we went on a wet and windy day and i was convinced i was going to blow away and complaned about haveing to walk i still enjoyed it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Moved posts discussing visitor centre ect to a new thread linky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'd heard people going on and on about these cliffs for years and I eventually went last summer, and I have to say I was very impressed.

Here's a picture I took. Only had my phone with me that day, must go back with a proper camera.

Picture1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Loads of images here

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

in_dublin wrote: »

The place and cliffs Bun Gloss look staggering - as good as better than Cliffs of Moher or anywhere in Europe.

Fixed that for you ;)

Yeah, the Slieve League Cliffs are amazing - the drive up there is scary enough though, but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

muffler wrote: »
    Loads of images here

dont forget us :p

several slieve league sets there !
    http://www.bluestackramblers.com/photogallery.html
    Apanachi wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

Yeah, the Slieve League Cliffs are amazing - the drive up there is scary enough though, but well worth it

the drive up is nowhere near as bad since they fixed and widened the road
    i had friends screaming in the back of the car going up there before the did the work on it

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Oh, when did they do that? (haven't been up there in a while ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Apanachi wrote: »
    Oh, when did they do that? (haven't been up there in a while ;))

couple of years ago they also improved the road upto the pilgrims path and put in parking areas and picnic benches

oh and did some erosion contorl on the pilgrim's path

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

i had friends screaming in the back of the car going up there before the did the work on it

Its been widened? :eek:

Terrifies me every time!

Advertisement