Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke problem with next door.

• 21-01-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking for some advice.

When next door light their fire there is a terrible smell of smoke in my childs bedroom.
    Next doors flue is cracked. They said they would get an engineer to look at it but so far nothing.

the neighbour said he will light the f**king fire if he wants.
    What can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

First thing to do is get your kid out of that room ASAP. It is extremely dangerous to be in that room. They could be poisoned by Carbon monoxide.

There must be some sort of defect on your side too in order for the fumes to be inside the bedroom. Maybe a cracked wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tap

First thing to do is get your kid out of that room ASAP. It is extremely dangerous to be in that room. They could be poisoned by Carbon monoxide.

There must be some sort of defect on your side too in order for the fumes to be inside the bedroom. Maybe a cracked wall?

Thanks for the reply,
    I have taken him out of the room

Don't know if there is a crack in the wall.
    There has been a history in the estate with chimney problems.

The thing is he knows there is a problem but instead of sorting it he just start shouting and getting aggressive.

It's not going to kill him to not light the fire,But it could kill us if he does light it.

Advertisement