Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to improve my 1080p videos on YouTube?

• 21-01-2011 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, hello!

I've been rendering videos from games for quite awhile now but I'm still not happy with the quality I'm getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lojGo7hr4Y

There's one of my videos. Please watch it in 1080p. For that video as well as the rest of my videos I've rendered in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 with H.264 codec.

Here's the settings: 28ajhc5.jpg

I can't set the CBR much higher because it takes ages to render and the file gets to like 8+ GB.

My problem right now with my videos is that most of that small text that can be seen is not very crisp and not that easy to read. After the movie is rendered I can see that text as clear as if I'd be in the actual game but YouTube really messes the quality up once it's been uploaded.

Is there any better settings to use to get the quality to be better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's one of the unfortunate problems YouTube seems to have with 1080p PC-based videos, it wrecks the text and can make it quite illegible. It's not really something that can be solved by rendering at a lower video size, since it's really the size of the text in the source that really matters.

Comparing some of my old videos from when my screen was 1440x900, all of the text is fine to read, but upon upping to 1920x1080, the text is now quite butchered and illegible.

Unless you're willing to play at a lower resolution for recording purposes, I'd say there's not much else that can be done unfortunately, unless YouTube improves their own processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What are your project settings that you chose before making the project?.I found that i had my videos in DV 30fps and the text was blurry even if i rendered it out in the highest bitrate but i found that when I changed the project settings to HDV it made the text a lot clearer.Im only on Ps3 though so I'm not sure if that will help

Advertisement