Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA wiping - Feeling severely cheated

Options
  • 21-01-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Woodwork teacher in 3rd year and QCA is wiped which was very health. If it wasn't wiped it would barely have dipped but after a fair ****e semester I'm feeling really cheated.

Surely if you've made the effort in first/second year you could choose to keep or scrap your early QCA?

I'll be honest, I have never even thought about why it is (or perhaps should be?) wiped so I'd love if people could shed some light on that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Woodwork teacher in 3rd year and QCA is wiped which was very health. If it wasn't wiped it would barely have dipped but after a fair ****e semester I'm feeling really cheated.

Surely if you've made the effort in first/second year you could choose to keep or scrap your early QCA?

I'll be honest, I have never even thought about why it is (or perhaps should be?) wiped so I'd love if people could shed some light on that?

Small bit off topic but is it possible to wipe your qca after 2nd year?

I know 1st years doesn't count but I didn't do as well in 2nd year and would love the opportunity of getting it wiped.

Also I imagine the early qca is wiped because they feel that that material is just base material and your degree should just be judged on the difficult stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

pajunior wrote: »
    Small bit off topic but is it possible to wipe your qca after 2nd year?

I know 1st years doesn't count but I didn't do as well in 2nd year and would love the opportunity of getting it wiped.

Also I imagine the early qca is wiped because they feel that that material is just base material and your degree should just be judged on the difficult stuff.

I think it's just so in the case of teachers - your qca in most degrees 'matters' from the start of 2nd year, whereas for us it 'matters' from the start of 3rd year...

I suppose it has it's pros and cons... for anyone who hasn't had a great 1st and 2nd year it really works in their favour.... I don't know the reason for us having it a year later though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

For every one of you I can guarantee there's 10 people delighted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think it's just so in the case of teachers - your qca in most degrees 'matters' from the start of 2nd year, whereas for us it 'matters' from the start of 3rd year...

I suppose it has it's pros and cons... for anyone who hasn't had a great 1st and 2nd year it really works in their favour.... I don't know the reason for us having it a year later though!

What i was told was that we're wiped is because we do things twice. In most cases up until 2nd year tp is the basics ie JC.
    They only care about our ability to teach at LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

cson wrote: »
    For every one of you I can guarantee there's 10 people delighted about it.

Which is neither helpful nor welcome to people who have MADE AN EFFORT and are in college more for an education than for getting pissed (Though I've very much managed both so far)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

Yea it's sickening in some respects, like getting an A on second year TP doesn't have an impact on your degree, which I think isn't fair really.

Of course, I could be saying that because my 3rd year QCA was pretty useless in comparison....

Advertisement