Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True price of apartments in South Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

GaryCocs wrote: »
    The link had average of just under

But your claim was you couldn't find any under 1k, i stated i bet you could find one in the area you wanted or near by and that was the case, 25% cheaper.
    I'm suggesting that rents in certain areas have actually stopped going down and in certain areas will start to rise again, for a number of reasons discussed earlier.

Where has stopped going down? plus the asking prices in a lot of cases (maybe you have friends who are landlords and can confirm for you) the land lords are accepting less than the advertised prices. (ring one and test it for yourself :) )
    From around Nov 06 people have been talking about prices stabalizing, i.e. property prices not rents, they do not these days go hand in hand.

On the same basis, "they have to" "no way will houses in x be x"

Time will tell.
    I do believe property prices will decrease, but not as much in Dublin as other areas, I believe the rate of decline property prices in Dublin will slow down and stop while they will continue to fall in other areas for another while.

No one ever stated otherwise. but that doesn't limit Dublin to a particular price, it just means everywhere else will be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

ntlbell wrote: »
    But your claim was you couldn't find any under 1k, i stated i bet you could find one in the area you wanted or near by and that was the case, 25% cheaper.

any nice apartments, and that was over a year ago.
    Where has stopped going down? plus the asking prices in a lot of cases (maybe you have friends who are landlords and can confirm for you) the land lords are accepting less than the advertised prices. (ring one and test it for yourself :) )

Properties in Booterstown, Milltown, Ballsbridge, Ringsend are some examples I personally know of.

On the same basis, "they have to" "no way will houses in x be x"

Time will tell.

Obviously

anyways, I'm outa here, tired of trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 osizzle

kmac20in wrote: »
    Hi,
    I plan to buy a two bedroom apartment in the near future in inner South Dublin, as in D4, D6 or miltown, dundrum area. I've been keeping an eye on daft and myhome and the average price advertised seems to be about 275k to 310k but I'm wondering what is the true reflection of its market value or more to the point what price should I enter a bid with? Am well aware that the price estage agents are looking for is above real market evaluation.

So for example if a 2 bedroom apt is advertised at 300k would 250k be a realistic initial bid?

Thanking you in advance.

I track city centre apt prices,
    it's a bit crude, but try and find out what it was priced at peak and go for about 40% of that.
    Now stamp duty has fallen to 1% universally, there is not such an incentive to buy new builds

Advertisement