Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst most useless wepon in reach

• 21-01-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

well whats yours,mine is the beam rifel,,the biggest load of cock ever haha,even if you empy a round of it off on a a team mate from the other team they still live and can turn around to kill you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

it's a suppression weapon, powerful enough to deter players but hard to get kills with, just hit them and let your friends pop a couple of dmr rounds in the head, job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

No weapon in reach is useless IMHO, they just have their own purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you compare the beam rifle to its counterpart the sniper rifle then it seems pretty useless...same goes with comparing the plasma grenade launcher to the rocket launcher.

I find the grenade launcher to be a bit random...although not useless, just sometimes it needs to bounce before exploding and others I have shot people directly and it has exploded.

The Elite plasma cannon (i think) is really bad.

the grenade launchers shots have to travel a minimum distance before they explode on impact, but on second impact the distance factor is removed.

Adam wrote: »
    the grenade launchers shots have to travel a minimum distance before they explode on impact, but on second impact the distance factor is removed.

Ah thanks for that didn't know that was a factor although I have become quite the judge of angles in shooting them through doorways and around corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Grenade Launcher and Plasma Canon... nothing better to induce swear words... I hate them with a passion.

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

No weapon in reach is useless IMHO, they just have their own purposes.

The weapons in Reach are nicely balanced in that they all have their own role to play. Pity on some maps the power weapons basically decide who wins.

*cough* Swordbase *cough* :D

The weapons in Reach are nicely balanced in that they all have their own role to play. Pity on some maps the power weapons basically decide who wins.
    thats generally the way it should go. if one team controls the power weapons naturally they have a big advantage, that's why map control is important.

thats generally the way it should go. if one team controls the power weapons naturally they have a big advantage, that's why map control is important.

I'll admit it's a fine balance and hard to achieve.

• Advertisement

TBF thats all well and good when you are playing with competant team-mates but when you have headless chickens who constantly jump into the grav lift thinking 'I'm gonna get him this time' it's really annoying.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    TBF thats all well and good when you are playing with competant team-mates but when you have headless chickens who constantly jump into the grav lift thinking 'I'm gonna get him this time' it's really annoying.
    most of the reason why i stopped playing tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The Brute Spiker. Hate it. It was handy enough in 3,
    if you were stuck for a weapon but in Reach,
    it would do more damage if you threw it

Turtyturd wrote: »

T'is why I only play with friends when i'm playing online...even then sometime you get someone completely at odds as to actually playing the game with anything other than a strategy of rush'n'gun. That and the lenght it takes to fecking FIND a game (sometimes) recently is an off-putter in itself.

The covy beam rifle is a waste of time as a sniper weapon. Takes far too long to get a kill out of it, it's not a precision kill weapon, more of a general infantry surpression one. Also the spiker is generally not good, but never really was. The nade launcher feels weak and slow, and is really only good for stopping vehicles with it's EMP, but a plasma pistol does a far better and more versatile job.

The assault rifle is a pretty useless spawn waepon too, shame it's the default gun for a lot of the useful loadouts (bubble shield and jetpack in particular).

On the other hand, the plasma rifle/brute shot is great, and the DMR is really good too, the needler is still badass at mid range, and the fuel rod cannon is a great weapon, almost worth the tradeoff in power vs the rocket launcher just for it's higher clip and faster reload time, especially if you're running around mopping up jackals and grunts and giving your team mates surpressing fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

For the record, if you hold down the trigger when using the grenade launcher, the grenade wont detonate until you release. Which makes it much more useful. I only discovered that recently.

DjFlin wrote: »
    For the record, if you hold down the trigger when using the grenade launcher, the grenade wont detonate until you release. Which makes it much more useful. I only discovered that recently.

But it loses most of it's power when you do it like that since it has an EMP blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

But it loses most of it's power when you do it like that since it has an EMP blast.

im after getting creamed by the launcher a few times at close range similar to gettin blasted by the shot gun,,there must be a knack to it,

im after getting creamed by the launcher a few times at close range similar to gettin blasted by the shot gun,,there must be a knack to it,

That happens when the shooter, just presses the fire trigger (not holding it). If it hits you, it's an instant death, as it just explodes. But if he had held the trigger, it would have just bounced off you. There's a knack to it alright.

Advertisement