Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My fitness log - no gym involved

Options
  • 21-01-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I can't afford a gym so I have set myself the task of losing 2-3 stone hopefully by June through home exercise only.

At the moment my exercise consists of three 30 minute walks a day with my great dane. They are fairly fast paced walks, definitely not strolls. That is all I do at the moment.

I seem to have reached some sort of plateau (just a guess) because I have not lost any weight in months so I have decided to radically change my approach to diet and fitness.

My diet seems to me to be healthy but I am going to post it every day to get some pointers from people because I may be missing something and this may be the cause of me not losing weight.

I would appreciate any tips or advice on both my exercise undertaking and my diet.

At the moment I don't own a weighing scales so I don't have my starting weight. I am currently a size 16 and that has started to get tight on me and I don't want to go up to the next size.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Could you increase time spent walking dog too include sum hills and possible lite jogging were u are comfortable running , reduce evening eating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

One of his walks every day is up through a few fields which have a fair incline to them. The reason why I only do that once a day is because the rest of the time the fields have animals in them that get too riled up when they see the dog.

I am hoping this week to do two treks to a nearby tourist spot, up a steep hil, probably take about 2 hours roughly.

Yesterday - breakfast: porridge made with milk and a small bit of honey, snack: 4 small crackers with some cheese, cup of strawberry and mango tea, lunch: tuna salad made with a small can of tuna, mixed leaves, cucumber and scallions, dinner: a small portion of lasagne about the size of my hand (i had made it the day before and we hadn't done grocery shopping yet). Throughout the day I drank 2 cups of peppermint tea, 1 cup of green tea with orange, one banana, a handful of peanuts and 7 fizzy cola bottles. Drank 2 500ml bottles of water too.

Today - breakfast: porridge made with milk and a small bit of honey, lunch: 2 pieces of wholegrain homemade bread toasted with a small pot (the microwaveable ones) of spagetti hoops, dinner: two burritos about the size of a mobile phone made with peppers, onions, tomatoes, a small sprinkling of cheese and chili sauce. Throughout today I had 3 cups of lady grey tea, 2 500ml bottles of water, 2 clementines and a pear.

Advertisement