Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know where i can get a camera fixed?

• 21-01-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So i was out last night and my camera dropped:mad::mad:. Anyway,it says I have a lens error. and if you shake it it rattles.. (not good i'd imagine). I know I could pick up one fairly cheap but it was a present from my dad and i'd like to at least try to get it fixed. Is there anywhere in limerick I could take it. Or do ye know of anyone who is good at these things? hopefully this is the right thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The shop where the camera was bought is usually the best bet to start off with.
    They might have to send it back to their suppliers to repair it though.

I can't think of anywhere in Limerick City that does repairs.
    Hopefully someone will be able to help you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

The shop where the camera was bought is usually the best bet to start off with.
    They might have to send it back to their suppliers to repair it though.

Thanks insect.. i'm raging! it takes great pictures. I asked a guy to take a picture and god bless him he dropped it and it flew across the dance floor. I'm an idiot. great night though lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I asked around last year, and unless it is a quite expensive camera, you are better off just getting a new one. Even with the sentimentality :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Thanks insect.. i'm raging! it takes great pictures. I asked a guy to take a picture and god bless him he dropped it and it flew across the dance floor. I'm an idiot. great night though lol.

Murphy's Law! I've done that with my phone so many times and it's never broken! :o

CCSL posts here fairly often, he's big into photography so he might be able to give you some advice. I reckon phill106 might well be right, but I'll stay optimistic for you anyway.

It's a casio exilim. I think it cost about e250 ish. It has served me well:). I think that maybe the lens inside has come off or something. The shutter won't come out fully. I can access the pictures on the memory but unfortunately it won't do anything else:(:(

• Advertisement

ok cool, so I can leave this thread open for a bit just in case. Ya i might have to buy a new one but i'd like to get it fixed if its possible, and not twice the price of the camera :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

the error message and rattle sound like you may have broken the little servo motor that moves the lens. unfortunately there are very few camera repair places left and the normally send them back to the manufacturer for repair.

You could try - http://www.camerarepaircentre.com/ but normally the cost would be high.

Might be a BER job ( beyond economic repair )

You can pick up really nice good quality cameras quite cheaply these days.

nice half price deal in argos for 12MP Hitachi

95.99 from 239 :)

or if your feeling adventurous pick up a set or small screwdrivers and open it up!

nothing to loose and it may have just popped off its mount.

Thanks ccsl.
    I was looking at that exact camera on Argos. I'm on my way to pick one up now but I'm going to have a go with the screwdriver as a learning exp too. Thanks for all the advice xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Same happened a Casio exlim I had a year ago. I took it apart and almost fixed it but it didn't go back together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

As far as I know Currys on William st fix cameras. Not 100% sure though. Sorry i cant be more helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

As far as I know Currys on William st fix cameras. Not 100% sure though. Sorry i cant be more helpful.

They would only send back if you bought it there.

There is one lad on the photography forum who would do it, I can't remember exactly whom but if you post there, they will give you a hand.

Advertisement