Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average price to get a key cut?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I got one cut this morning and it was €4.50. It's a while admittedly since I needed to get one but I thought it was only €2.50 or so the last time. But I mentioned this to a friend afterwards and she said she got boots re-heeled in the same place and it was €15 which she thought was pretty steep.

So are these prices normal for keys and heels, or is this just an expensive cobbler?! :confused: I know we both paid etc etc but I needed the key quickly and she was too embarrassed to say gimme my boots back I'll go elsewhere, assuming it was the average cost for these things!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I got one cut this morning and it was €4.50. It's a while admittedly since I needed to get one but I thought it was only €2.50 or so the last time. But I mentioned this to a friend afterwards and she said she got boots re-heeled in the same place and it was €15 which she thought was pretty steep.

So are these prices normal for keys and heels, or is this just an expensive cobbler?! :confused: I know we both paid etc etc but I needed the key quickly and she was too embarrassed to say gimme my boots back I'll go elsewhere, assuming it was the average cost for these things!

I paid 4.00 / key here in the Netherlands (Normal Silica door key)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

€15 for boots is pretty right, takes the person about 20 mins to do before you cost the materials. i have had one pair re-heeled twice. Bought them 8 years ago for 120euro so still well worth it. They probably have another decade in them.

Obviously if your paying 20euro a pair your not going to pay to have them re-heeled every few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I got one cut in Bulgaria for 75 cent in the summer.

I'd say around 3.50 would be around the norm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Our local locksmith does most keys for about €3-€3.50. He's very reasonable for everything he does, we've bought a safe from him and he's far cheaper than most for higher value items like this.
    Haven't got boots/shoes heeled in about 10 years so not too sure how much they would cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Average price is around 2.99-3.49, 4.50 is definitely extremely expensive for a normal key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

My front door key cost me €15 to get cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

€3 or €3.50 would be pretty average for a regular Yale/ Europrofile type key and I've paid €6.50 recently for a Chubb copy, which is a little expensive,but presumably the blanks are more expensive anyway.

Advertisement