Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Henry St.

• 21-01-2011 3:30pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

Henry St. Is closed and there appears to be a fire in the Garda station, wonder what happened!? I hope nobody's hurt..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Too many hot takeaways ordered in for lunch?

On a more serious note, I hope all is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Just happened to be passing, lots of smoke out the front, but 4 fire brigades out the back and no more smoke out back, wouldn't know how to describe it but does not seem too much damage.

It is the gardai station and its still smoldering smoke but no flames outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/explosion-rocks-limerick-garda-station-490251.html

[EDIT: sorry did not see a thread was already started! does not seem to allow me to delete my post! ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Drove past there about twenty minutes ago. There were a number of fire engines there, and two more plus an unmarked Garda car passed me on Shannon bridge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bullets wrote: »
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/explosion-rocks-limerick-garda-station-490251.html

[EDIT: sorry did not see a thread was already started! does not seem to allow me to delete my post! ]

No worries, I'll merge the two threads together now anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

wow.. i hope they are ok. There's gonna be alot of report forms this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

Them useless guards have the whole place shut because of a few flames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

2fm news just said there was a explosion in the boiler room

Here is the breaking news link posted

Dozens of people have been evacuated from a garda station in Limerick city after a fire broke out in the past hour.

The blaze is believed to have started after a boiler exploded inside the building.

Fire units and ambulance personnel are at the scene.

It is believed at least one person has been rushed to hospital.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/explosion-rocks-limerick-garda-station-490251.html#ixzz1BgNKFDZA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

amy21 wrote: »

What do you expect them to do....stay in a building thats on fire. Get real. Plus I'm sure you will find that its the fire brigade that has the place shut down as they put the fire out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

<snip>

Amy21 banned for a week for trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

amy21 wrote: »

I'm no fan of Limerick's police force, but a gas explosion is hardly just a few flames.

Advertisement