Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Station Prices

Options
  • 21-01-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for petrol prices, since there is a 5c per litre price difference for petrol in Letterkenny.

I pass 10 filling stations on my way to work (9 or which display prices) so it got me thinking, just post any prices you see or remember from your travels and we'll see if we can get an up to date list of prices going.

I tend to just see the petrol prices as thats what I drive.

Topaz, Mountain top: 139.9
    Bridgend: 142.5 (all 3 of them)
    Exol station, dry arch: 142.9
    Go station, railway road: 142.9
    Topaz, Glencar: 144.9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

dalys lifford 144.9

price of petrol winds me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

you post your prices on pumps.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I could start a debate about how rediclious the prices are, but I'd rather see where's cheaper to get it and go there.

I did just find a site here that shows the prices in an area as uploaded by users. Some of the prices are quite out of date tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

pumps.ie is always out of date and doesn't really include that many petrol stations.

Prices are a joke. I expect petrol to hit the 1.50 mark before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

pumps.ie is always out of date and doesn't really include that many petrol stations.

Prices are a joke. I expect petrol to hit the 1.50 mark before too long.

Good idea for a thread!

I posted a link here to pumps.ie recently on a different thread but I have to agree with you that the prices are often way out of date and a lot of stations are listed. It is totally dependent on people updating and adding petrol stations.

Maybe this thread will be more successful since it is particular to Donegal.
    I would like to see a comparison of diesel prices as well.
    I'm not in Donegal at the moment so I cannot add any info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Passed by it a little while ago - €139.9 at the station beside Clady bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

The cheapest I've seen yet is 139.5 out in Tinney's Bonagee. Don't know if you would call it a proper filling station though. Anyone see any cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

remember working in pumps in letterkenny about 10 years ago and petrol was about 87cent, all stations hiked their prices up by 5 cent on top of the budget hike over the new year, the cheek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

remember working in pumps in letterkenny about 10 years ago and petrol was about 87cent, all stations hiked their prices up by 5 cent on top of the budget hike over the new year, the cheek!

The price of fuel itself went up along with the added budget hike, shops didn't just add 5 cent on top of the budget hike in some national conspiracy to make more money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

muffler wrote: »
    Passed by it a little while ago - €139.9 at the station beside Clady bridge.

that was closed for a while.

wonder who has it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

inode wrote: »
    The price of fuel itself went up along with the added budget hike, shops didn't just add 5 cent on top of the budget hike in some national conspiracy to make more money :rolleyes:

Well when the price of fuel comes down they don't pass it on at the pumps. They're taking the piss.

Can we keep the thread for prices only and keep debate out of it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I believe I saw the Diesel at 137.9 in Bridgend this morning.
    I'll check again tomorrow morning again, and try and remember for sure.

I added some prices I got for sure this morning.

I was going to update the first post with all the prices as they were posted but I can't edit it.

So heres the list so far.

Topaz, Mountain top: 139.9
    Bridgend: Petrol: 142.5 Diesel: 137.9 (all 3 of them)
    Exol station, dry arch: 142.9
    Go station, railway road: 142.9
    Topaz, Glencar: 144.9
    dalys lifford 144.9 - creaghadoos
    €139.9 at the station beside Clady bridge - muffler
    139.5 out in Tinney's Bonagee - MichaelM1987
    Maxol on the N13: Petrol: 141.5 Diesel: 136.7
    Kiernans, Newton: Petrol: 141.9 Diesel: 135.6
    Topaz on the N13: 141.5

I notice no one posted diesel prices, is everyone still petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Sweeney Filling Station in Ballyraine was 141.9 for petrol this morning.

142.90 for petrol at the Parkside station, Drumkeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Hi lads

Sorry you find pumps.ie out of date for your area. It would be really excellent if you could help keep it up to date! Also, I thought we had most of the stations in the country by this stage which ones are we missing?!

Thanks!

Advertisement