Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

• 21-01-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

New laptop with Vodafone Wifi and Home Phone. I'm not great at understanding broadband but is this performance okay or is there something wrong.

1121359748.png

I'm just wondering about the 2 stars. Why is it only giving 2 stars?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

BrianJD wrote: »
    New laptop with Vodafone Wifi and Home Phone. I'm not great at understanding broadband but is this performance okay or is there something wrong.

1121359748.png

I'm just wondering about the 2 stars. Why is it only giving 2 stars?

Thanks

That's not really great, the ping should be less then 100 really and I'm not too sure that vodaphone do anything less then 8Mb down you're getting 1/4 of that, possibly something wrong with cabling or on their side. Unless you're using the 3g modem in which case it all depends on where you're located.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Do a test to Dublin,the Limerick site is not the most reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

1121385649.png

Not much better really. I'm in Kilworth just outside Fermoy in Cork. Should I get on to Vodaphone about it?

Thanks for your replies.

Advertisement