Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy - BBC4 Friday 9 pm

• 21-01-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Legends

Thin Lizzy: Bad Reputation Documentary profiling Irish rock band Thin Lizzy, including archive footage, interviews and photographs. Formed in Dublin in 1969, the group hit a creative and commercial peak in the late 1970s with a line-up including frontman Phil Lynott and guitarists Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham, but drugs and alcohol took their toll on the band

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Must check this out, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

It'll be interesting to see if this is a new documentary or just the old RTE one rehashed and renamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's also followed by Iron Maiden: Flight 666 and then a Classic Albums programme - Paranoid. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I bought 666 and thought it was very superficial, little enough real behind the scenes and bar nicko they didn't seem too interested.
    I was a bit disappointed, the live footage though is great

Be interest to hear opinions after viewing tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

RayCon wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if this is a new documentary or just the old RTE one rehashed and renamed.

New one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Great programme, nice to see Robbo hasn't changed a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:pac:

Truculent so and so!

I find I get :( when I see pictures of Lynott in his last year or two. In retropsect it was always likely to end badly, and yet Scott Gorham who was also strung out is a picture of late middle aged good health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I said it before, and I'll say it again;

BBC Four ****ing rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Christ! They love Maiden in South America. Great fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just finished watching it, someone needs to tell Philip Glenister that's not how you pronounce Phil's surname...they kind of skipped over everything to do with Grand Slam and Phil's death....and they never featured his mother, which was a little bit unusual...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was about Thin Lizzy not Lynott (yes I know the two are inseperable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

I bought 666 and thought it was very superficial, little enough real behind the scenes and bar nicko they didn't seem too interested.
    I was a bit disappointed, the live footage though is great

Be interest to hear opinions after viewing tonight....

Agreed....you don't get any Some Kind of Monster insights here. About half of it was just live footage, much of the rest of it was "Ah, that Janicks a mad chap!" kind of thing. It was cool seeing Bruce the pilot though.

Advertisement