Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January/ February Beers

Options
  • 21-01-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Right, the plan is to head to the Round Table, on Friday, starting 7:30-8:00. They do food in the pub, in case anyone's wondering about grub before booze.

Anyone up for some drinkies this month? I am notoriously bad for organising stuff, and as I tend not to venture out of beautiful Tooting (as it has all my wants and needs) I am not too aware of pubs etc

I was thinking we could do a meet in the middle like last time perhaps (I was not there but I heard that worked out pretty well for people)

so lets me know what ya think, I need some Irish peeps to update me on all the nonsense that is happening in Ireland, I am currently out of touch as I have become somewhat fixated with the weird section of The Metro.

When for beers? 8 votes

Friday 28th January
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 29th January
    12% 1 vote
    Friday 4th February
    25% 2 votes
    Saturday 5th February
    37% 3 votes
    Friday 11th February
    12% 1 vote
    Saturday 12th February
    12% 1 vote
    Friday 18th February
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 19th February
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

oooh i may actually be free on friday 4th. big maybe. i'll keep an eye on this!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Early Feb sounds great - January's been the usual bastard of a month for me with no money available for beverages :(

Central sounds good too, though I'd like to venture somewhere new. I'll have a look around the interwebs this weekend and see if I can find somewhere that looks interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I voted Friday the 4th but really I'm pretty flexible and keen for boozage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm pretty flexible and keen for boozage.

I somehow misread that as "keen for boobage", and was going to ask exactly what expectations you had for a boards beer session... o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Boobage...boozage, it's all fun! Although if we end up in a camra pub it may be more like moobage.

• Advertisement

Right folks, from the poll it looks like Friday next week is the most popular date. I reckon somewhere around Leicester Square is the best idea - we could try and do food again, but tbh given what Fridays are usually like it's probably best to go for a pub that serves food.

I suggest the Round Table as it's a nice pub, it's handy in terms of location, it has an upstairs section, and it does food. Plus if it all goes pear-shaped we can try the Carrick Arms down the road or the Ship & Shovell.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Wouldn't you know it - I finally book a night to go see Grease and boards drinks are arranged!!!

As it is starring Ray Quinn, I may need a drink afterwards so will drop someone a text to see if you are still out.

Right, gang, I'll be sending texts tomorrow to confirm, but I get the impression from this thread that booze on Friday's not exactly a goer. What say Friday week (ie the 11th) instead?

i'm very 50/50, if it's on earlyish, i'll be able to come in for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Fysh wrote: »
    Right, gang, I'll be sending texts tomorrow to confirm, but I get the impression from this thread that booze on Friday's not exactly a goer. What say Friday week (ie the 11th) instead?

Either one is alright for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

this friday or saturday is good for me, I can't make the week after :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I can't make either this weekend or next but carry on folks!

D-Generate wrote: »
    I can't make either this weekend or next but carry on folks!

Arrah feck off with you so.

I'm free this Friday. I can't really tell after that; too far into the future. Maybe.

Ah grand, looks like there should be half a dozen or so of us. Right so, let's say the Round Table, Friday, starting 7:30-8:00. They do food in the pub, in case anyone's wondering about grub before booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I'm going home this weekend, but have a great time!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I seem to always be back in Ireland when the beers are on!! I promise to meet up again with you guys really soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

One weekend I'll actually make it down to London for a beers night ...

had to be at liverpool street at 9 and was battling it through the traffic enough so couldn't risk going to the pub beforehand, sorry!! will make one sometime soon!!

Sorry for the no-show... I appear to have come down with the plague/man flu/a head cold and couldn't muster up the strength to go in... Been dosed up on tea on the couch watching rugby all day under my blanket. Atchoo. Cough. Cough. Sniff. Hopefully better for the next beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

You & me both. I stayed for grub & a few cokes & then ran away when it became apparent that I wouldn't be leaving Fysh on his lonesome :-s Stupid illness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Didn't even spot this thread until now..been a busy few months for myself and mccaffertyg after a no show in Tooting (sorry!!)..we spent out weekends in and wine drinking, working hard and finally moved house there about two weeks ago..now way out East in Leytonstone if anyone is out that direction :)

Didn't even spot this thread until now..been a busy few months for myself and mccaffertyg after a no show in Tooting (sorry!!)..we spent out weekends in and wine drinking, working hard and finally moved house there about two weeks ago..now way out East in Leytonstone if anyone is out that direction :)

I thought you'd mentioned something about that alright, how are ye settling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Fysh wrote: »
    I thought you'd mentioned something about that alright, how are ye settling in?

Good thanks!! not as happening a night life as in kilburn but we'll find somewhere. Nice little local with a jukebox and good guiness tho which is a good start

Advertisement