Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything we can do?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long story short, my OH had the guts of 300 euro taken out of her account by Meteor by accident, Meteor have admitted the mistake but can't give us the money back before 10 working days. Thing is, it came out the day before all our direct debits hit so we're being hit by bank charges for not having enough money to pay them when its not our fault.

I rang ComReg and they said as long as Meteor have said that they WILL refund us, they can't do anything but what do we do for the meantime while we're broke??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nope, bring them to the small claims court for any fines maybe but nothing to speed up getting your €300. No family or friends to borrow it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hi all,

Long story short, my OH had the guts of 300 euro taken out of her account by Meteor by accident, Meteor have admitted the mistake but can't give us the money back before 10 working days. Thing is, it came out the day before all our direct debits hit so we're being hit by bank charges for not having enough money to pay them when its not our fault.

I rang ComReg and they said as long as Meteor have said that they WILL refund us, they can't do anything but what do we do for the meantime while we're broke??

Phone your bank, tell them you want the money back!
    Same happen to us when the ESB decided to take over 1,800 out of our account!.

Took a few phone calls by the wife but had the money back in our account the next day

Don't let them tell you they can't. Ask them are they aware of ispo.ie?

Important bit here :http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

"If it is established that an unauthorised direct debit was charged to your account, you are guaranteed an immediate refund by your bank of the amount so charged where you notify your bank without undue delay on becoming aware of the unauthorised direct debit, and in any event no later than 13 months after the date of debiting of such direct debit to your account"

Don't take no for a answer! Our branch was totally unaware of this until the wife gave them some training biggrin.gif

Edit : Saw that you complained to comreg! If you don't get it resolved you need to contact the Financial Services Ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Ask meteor if they will also refund you the bank charges due to their incorrect debit.

Advertisement