Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card insurance

Options
  • 21-01-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi i have a credit card bill to PAY and was wondering seen that i have credit card insurance could i claim because i am out of work for a while now and ran up a bill there lately anyone any experience on this.

tnx george

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Contact you credit card insurer, only they can advise you if you can claim..

general terms state that you are unemployed through no fault of your own (ie did not get fired) that you are signing on for Social welfare and balance would be anything on the card at the date you became unemployed not any subsequent spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark5

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Contact you credit card insurer, only they can advise you if you can claim..

general terms state that you are unemployed through no fault of your own (ie did not get fired) that you are signing on for Social welfare and balance would be anything on the card at the date you became unemployed not any subsequent spending.

tnx for your reply

If i have used my card since i started signing on social welfare do you think i would be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

You wont be covered for any of the purchases you made since you became unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mark5 wrote: »
    tnx for your reply

If i have used my card since i started signing on social welfare do you think i would be covered.

Yes you will, they allowed me to claim for a round the world cruise and a new car. As long as you spend the money within 6 months of losing your job it's all covered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement