Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing from tv3 weather map again!!

• 21-01-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Has Waterford being taken off the tv3 weather map again?? Was watching it there and we seem to have dissapeared again !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Who cares,i haven't watched TV3 in years ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Your missing Europa league :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Waterford is not missing as such, they deleted it off the map! The likes of Ballina and Clones are still on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

decies wrote: »
    Has Waterford being taken off the tv3 weather map again?? Was watching it there and we seem to have dissapeared again !!

Dungarvan has never been on it. Who do I complain to?
    decies wrote: »
    Your missing Europa league :-/

That's on 3e and Channel 5 and ITV4. No need for TV3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

seriously, who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

maybe waterford was sold by nama:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Dungarvan has never been on it. Who do I complain to?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

e-mail martin.king@tv3.ie but it probably won't do any good.

They added Waterford to the map after complaints before but seem to have dropped it again.

it does annoy me slightly that Waterford doesn't appear yet smaller towns like Kilkenny & Ballina do.

concerning Dungarvan not being on it ... it'd be different in Cappoqion & Kilmac were & Dungarvan wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Seriously lads, this is ridiculous. You do know where Waterford is on a map, right? So then why does it matter whether its written down on it or not? The fact that they use Clones shows that they are clearly not choosing to display placenames based on size.

Surely there must be something more worthwhile that you can moan about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

This has even made the News & Star today!! come on ffs nobody cares :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Without going crazy about it, I think the weather map should contain the 5 major cities of the country, along with any other random scattering of places they like. Yes, it's not based on population size, but above a certain size, I think they should be added. The five cities seem like a sensible cutoff point for the 'should always be included' category. And I think we'd all agree, that a weather map without Dublin would look like some kind of ancient mythic cycle Ireland (maybe throw in Tara).

If the cutoff point is Galway, and Waterford is not considered as important/essential to highlight as the other main cities, I can see why people would be a bit miffed -- given that it would be a case of yet another national source reinforcing Waterford's poor national profile in the Irish pysche. This, we don't need, because it actually does boil down to jobs, investment, etc., at the end of the day.

Yet to complain about any one particular instance of this phenomenon looks petty and serves only to attract accusations of 'chip on the shoulder', etc. I suppose if you live in any of the other cities it's a case of "I'm all right jack".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I think it is an issue that Waterford doesnt appear on the TV3 map. We are the largest city in the south-east and since the other 4 cities appear on it, it looks like they are excluding us. I have e-mailed people in TV3 about it.

I wouldnt mind if they just took random place names but I believe, we should be shown as we are the 5th largest population centre, the largest in the SE region and therefore would sensibly merit inclusion. I also believe, the more exposure a place gets, the more the name sticks in a persons mind whether that is a name appearing in a weather map, an IDA investment priority list or on a politicians priority map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Exactly Max, out of sight, out of mind. I know it's only a crappy weather map but Waterford surely needs to be treated with the same respect shown to the other cities. It's just one thing after another with tv stations, national media and websites totally leaving out Waterford. And Waterford people here are like "so what?". Do people think if Cork was deleted from the map they would not care a bit?

It's hardly an issue we're gonna lose sleep over but it's annoying even more so now that Waterford, and only Waterford now, was deliberately taken off the map, and every other city and town left on. Why?

"Hmm, you know what, let's take Waterford off our weather map."

"What about Clones or Ballina?"

"No, just Waterford."

"What about Belfast, it's not even in the Republic?"

"Na, just Waterford".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's a conspiracy

tin-foil-hat1.jpg

Be prepared.

Advertisement