Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trades Recognition Authority

Options
  • 21-01-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Does the Trades Recognition Authority still require 5 consecutive years experience when applying to them? This is what fecked up application in the past.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

Ya I think its about 4 or 5 years, takes ages to get it to!! check out www.deewr.gov.au/TRA it has everything on it

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

think its 7 if you didnt do an apprenticehip, if thats what your on about

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

which form do you actually need to fill out if you are on a WHV and just want to get your electrical license.

Tried emailing them and got directed to the website again, confused

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

which form do you actually need to fill out if you are on a WHV and just want to get your electrical license.

Tried emailing them and got directed to the website again, confused

sent my application off on the 16th december, and just found out they sent it back because the address was wrong on it, meant for courier post and the fcukers sent it back to ireland setting me back 2months.

dont think it matters if your on a WHV on not, application process would still be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

I found the form just have to get all the certs and stuff together now, what exactly did you send with your app?

Copy of trade cert, copy of trade card, maybe letters with off the job phase results.

what else do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i used this service before and found it ok
    iam a qualified carpenter and joiner, i just filled out the form and got copies of any info they wanted paid $300aus and about a week later got an email saying they were sending back the documents as i hadn't signed the application form. anyhow i fixed that and got the successfull reply back about 4 weeks later.

i was pretty straightforward as i was a qualified tradesperson and had evidence of my apprenticeship and that i had worked in my profession for 12 of the last 24mths. if you didn't do an apprenticeship it is alot more tricky you will need about 5yrs experience and have worked at the specific trade for 12 of the last 24mths. you will also have to go to london to sit an exam which is another expense.

Advertisement