Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VETERINARY NURSING-MATURE STUDENT

Options
  • 21-01-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Is there anybody here doing vet nursing as a mature student? Id really appreciate some info, such as :

-is there an interview and when are they usually held?

-what are you asked at the interview?!!:eek:

-what are your experiences as a mature student, is the course diabolically hard or is it do-able?

-and what is the timetable like, is it 9-5? and how does placements work?

A lot of questions I know, but please help!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Here is a link to the vet nursing page on the DkIT website (it's a bit hard to find on the main site).

http://ww2.dkit.ie/schools_and_departments/nmha/applied_sciences/courses/dk784

About half way down the page there is a link to FAQs about this course which should help with some of your queries.

Best wishes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Thanks Whistlejacket!,

I completely missed that when I read that page before:o Scary stuff, but I`m going to go for it anyway, hope I get called for an interview at least....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

moominn wrote: »
    Thanks Whistlejacket!,

I completely missed that when I read that page before:o Scary stuff, but I`m going to go for it anyway, hope I get called for an interview at least....

Fair play to you and good luck with it, hope it all goes well!

Thanks Draffodx, I`ve my fingers crossed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gill_g

moominn wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Is there anybody here doing vet nursing as a mature student? Id really appreciate some info, such as :

-is there an interview and when are they usually held?

-what are you asked at the interview?!!:eek:

-what are your experiences as a mature student, is the course diabolically hard or is it do-able?

-and what is the timetable like, is it 9-5? and how does placements work?

A lot of questions I know, but please help!!:)

Hi Moomin,
    Are you working or volunteering in a veterinary clinic?
    I am very interested in this field and am wondering what is the best way to go about getting the experience. I am recently unemployed and need to get myself busy doing something I love.
    All advice welcome people :D

• Advertisement

hey gill-g,

No, im not in the job. As it is an advantage to have experience as far as getting into college is concerned, I applied to almost all of the vets in Dundalk, dog pound, equestrian center offering my time voluntarily. And I only got 2 responses, one of the vets offered me 2 weeks work experience in the summer, the other was a brush off:( So obviously there arent many vacancies in this field if they dont even need free help!! I guess we`re not the only animal lovers out there:)

Advertisement