Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My annual snow depression

Options
  • 21-01-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

The first few snowfalls of the season are fun but by now I'm totally tired of all the snow we had in Connecticut. Kids are having a ball though with their 4th canceled school day since January 1. They won't be happy though when the school year is extended into July. Anyone else especially the NE like me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Sorry.

Arent you supposed to be in florida?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

FatherTed wrote: »
    The first few snowfalls of the season are fun but by now I'm totally tired of all the snow we had in Connecticut. Kids are having a ball though with their 4th canceled school day since January 1. They won't be happy though when the school year is extended into July. Anyone else especially the NE like me?

Ah you get used to it over time, here in the great white north of NH we get dump on allot too. Just dress accordingly. I carry a beard in the winter (Much to mammy's distain) and that believe it or not helps! I find it is easier to deal with then the cold back home. The wet cold seems to get into your bones more, the snow is not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    Ah you get used to it over time, here in the great white north of NH we get dump on allot too. Just dress accordingly. I carry a beard in the winter (Much to mammy's distain) and that believe it or not helps! I find it is easier to deal with then the cold back home. The wet cold seems to get into your bones more, the snow is not as bad.

19 years here and still not used to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

FatherTed wrote: »
    19 years here and still not used to it :(
    Sorry Ted, and we seem only in for another batch of bad weather! I was in an accident in the last batch, with someone thinking that SUV's can go fast in snow. While that is true, they failed to realize that is does not slow them quickly in the snow :cool:

Advertisement