Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble zero'in me scope

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

:D OK so Tac I've a bit of free time so I'll explain just for you :P

We're suggesting try another mod and if it shoots OK then it's his mod that's wrong. If it doesn't shoot OK then it is more than likely the threading and he'll need to get Fergal to work his magic.

Can't figure how a mod would cause grouping to change

Get a mirror and a torch and inspect the mod for deformities in the steel OP

if there is a piece protruding inside it might cause the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Can't figure how a mod would cause grouping to change

Get a mirror and a torch and inspect the mod for deformities in the steel OP

if there is a piece protruding inside it might cause the problem

By jove, I think the penny has dropped :)

By jove, I think the penny has dropped :)

HOWEVER

It is more likely a bad thread job that would cause a misalignment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

pick that penny back up and try droppin it again

if it is misalinement that it would be a bad treadin job but he needs to find out if the mod is ok first
    process of illimination like
    and start of with the cheapest easyest solution first
    which it only takes 2 seconds to screw on another mod ad let of a 5 shot group

pick that penny back up and try droppin it again

if it is misalinement that it would be a bad treadin job but he needs to find out if the mod is ok first
    process of illimination like
    and start of with the cheapest easyest solution first
    which it only takes 2 seconds to screw on another mod ad let of a 5 shot group

I've lots of Pennies and 2 Moderators same thread if anyone needs to test ;)

My point is, I'm 80-90% Confident it's the thread that is the problem.

However if the thread is wrong the Mod will be also damaged.

So back to the RFD would be first port of call. If He F**ked the Rifle he now owns it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

HOWEVER

It is more likely a bad thread job that would cause a misalignment

what a silly statement there is much more likelyhood that one or more of the baffles are out of line , its a parker hale moderator that has 15or so baffles in it, if the end comes loose the baffles move out of place and into the path of the bullet that is why when you buy it you get an assmbly rod that locates all the baffles on reassembly it's not rocket science

landkeeper wrote: »
    what a silly statement there is much more likelyhood that one or more of the baffles are out of line , its a parker hale moderator that has 15or so baffles in it, if the end comes loose the baffles move out of place and into the path of the bullet that is why when you buy it you get an assmbly rod that locates all the baffles on reassembly it's not rocket science

My apologies, I only noticed it was a .22lr mod.

However, I did say inspect for a piece of metal misaligned or deformed .

A handy way of doing this is to remove the bolt and shine a torch up the bore and see does it project a perfect circle on the wall you are pointing the mod at

Or just with the Mod itself, shine a light through. White light from LED's I find works better than Yellow light.

Apologies OP for the SILLINESS

Advertisement