Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vouchers I am not going to use

Options
  • 21-01-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have vouchers that I am never going to use for Game Stop. The idea was to buy a Wii - now ive gone off the idea, and there isnt anything Id buy from there (seems to be just consoles and video games).

2 vouchers - one has e50 and one has e40.

Anyone any suggestions on what I could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

iTunes gift vouchers? That's what I did with HMV vouchers, less guilt buying apps etc for phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

sell em on adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the replies...not sure I understood your post snappie. How can you buy iTunes with a game stop voucher?

Crazyderk, how would you price them/prove the amount and all the stuff?

Sorry, just never done this before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You can buy iTunes giftcards in GameStop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Awwhhhhh.
    Didnt know that...
    Dont really use iTunes but handy to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just sell them on Adverts. If they're worth 90 you'd prob get 75 or so for them,a bit of a loss but that's the point in buying them off someone. Better than having them go out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Go into gamestop and stand beside the till. Ask people do they want to save a bit of money. Sell the vouchers at a €5 or €10 reduction in their value. You can have the cashier verify they are real etc. in front of the potential buyer.

Had a friend do this once in a shop where they bought something and instantly (< 1 hour) returned it - having somehow lost the receipt and only got a credit note/gift card.

Sure some people are cautious etc. but if you get money for them, it's job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I doubt management would be too happy with that idea..

The only solution is to sell them if you don't want them. Or re-gift them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I doubt management would be too happy with that idea..

The only solution is to sell them if you don't want them. Or re-gift them?

A lot of the time you aren't meant to sell them in the T&C, there's no way for the guy at the till to know where you got them from but if he saw you buy them right in front of the till they could refuse to honour them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Varik wrote: »
    A lot of the time you aren't meant to sell them in the T&C, there's no way for the guy at the till to know where you got them from but if he saw you buy them right in front of the till they could refuse to honour them.
    So he can ask them in advance. I did this before as the vouchers I had were handwritten and looked dodgy, I explained I had no use and asked them to verify them and they said no problem.

Initially they said they would refund the full value and then the damn recession hit! then I offered them back minus a "restocking fee", which would be the equivalent of me buying a low profit item from them -they make a bit of money and both parties are happy.

If selling on adverts you can say you can arrange to meet them outside the shop and go up with them discretely to verify they are real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

dellas1979 wrote: »
    hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have vouchers that I am never going to use for Game Stop. The idea was to buy a Wii - now ive gone off the idea, and there isnt anything Id buy from there (seems to be just consoles and video games).

2 vouchers - one has e50 and one has e40.

Anyone any suggestions on what I could do?

As others have said, you could sell them on adverts or alternatively I think some game stops stock pre-owned DVD's so there might be something there you could get

Advertisement