Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Advice please

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks ,

I am looking to get some advice on an accounts package that will allow me to do the following :

(1)Create quotes,

(2)Turn the quotes into invoices

(3)Create a delivery docket from the estimate.

I have an accountant who looks after all my accounts but I would like to keep a basic track on things myself on a day to day basis.

I would like to be able to keep a database of the products I use so I dont always have to type in products onto a quote , maybe just update the prices every month.

At the moment, I do up all my quotes,invoices and delivery dockets on an excel sheet , but it takes an age and ive been quite busy lately and have been making a few mistakes on forumlas and what not !

Any help is greatly appreciated .

PP11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Give Sage a ring. I'm sure one of their products would match your needs.

Though I don't know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

+1 for Sage. They also sell Tas Books. I think Tax Books 3 has what you want, but if you could get Tas Book 1 or 2 it should be less expensive.

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Surely your accountanat should advise you of the best package to meet the exact needs of your business. We do it for a lot of our clients.

For example if you want to keep track of stock Sage Line 50 is alot better than Tas books (1,2 or 3).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cheer for the help folks , Il give the accountant a buzz now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

The sage products will do the as will tas. The reporting on sage is better and the 2011 version has some nice improvements. If you are accounting for vat on the invoice basis (ask your accountant) the you should have a look at quickbooks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

cheers for all the help folks , very much appreciated

Advertisement