Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shadow 1100 origin

• 21-01-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My brother has a 98 Shadow 1100 that he got last June and it never ran right. When he got it, it ran a little weak and was easy to stall. Eventually, it worsened to the point of not firing up at all.

It's pick-ups have been changed, the carb has basically been rebuilt and it's had the common fuel pump problem fixed. Nevertheless, it runs hot, rough, it's a bitch to start when warm and it basically is no happy.

It has a high number 98 plate telling me it's imported and it has Km/H clocks but the lights are from a LHD country. I suspect that it might have the wrong jets for this country and I know that there are lots of variations for different markets.

Can anyone suggest a way of identifying where the bike originated?

Any other idea as to why it might be running so badly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Have you tried going to Honda with the VIN? Otherwise there are several VIN decoders but not too sure if they will tell you the original country of sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Valve clearances maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Del2005 wrote: »
    Have you tried going to Honda with the VIN? Otherwise there are several VIN decoders but not too sure if they will tell you the original country of sale.

Honda couldn't help but that there VIN decoder gave us a point in the right direction...

We have confirmed that the bike is a German import. My brother's mechanic has told him that there is an airbox system for use in the German market. This is the air box that the bike still has.

Also, Wikipedia tells us that they use 91 RON fuel in Germany and here, obviously, we have 95 RON.

Could this be the root of the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Maybe, lash a K&N filter and stage 3 jets into her just in case :D

Advertisement