Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to wait?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Got a small tattoo on my finger, wanted to know how long to wait before u can wash it? Got it wed morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What do you mean by wash it? After getting a tattoo, and after you remove the cling film each time, give it a gentle wash with some warm soapy water. Then apply your cream. If you're past the stage where you need to use the cling film, just do the same before applying the cream again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

I have been using warm water on it and then cream.....I mean like showers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh a shower is fine, just be careful of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

yep showers ok just be careful - dont immerse it in water (sink, bath, pool) till its healed a lot. tht can be 2-5 weeks

was just keen to add it as i had my 2nd tat last week, i swim a lot so thought id better mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If you apply a layer of Bepanthen to it before you shower, it will act as a waterproof barrier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement