Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying a house

• 21-01-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, the girlfriend and I are about to purchase an old 1930 house in pretty poor condition, its a 1st for us, and although I have seen the grants given for improving your BER, is there any other grants/schemes out there for 2 young purchasers?
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Not that I know of, that might actually "help" shift some of the vast housing stock we have lying vacant in this country. But it might be worth checking out citizens information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

The HES scheme can I think be used on an old house as long as there in a MPRN number. so for a old 30's house with I am assuming solid walls you may be elligible for wall insulation grant, internal or external, attic insulation grant, boiler and heating controlls. I have checked elligilability of a number of old houses with SEAI and they are have siad they are available.

Advertisement