Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Suggestion

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

I recently gave my unwanted lego minifigures o my girlfiends young cousin and she loved them.

Is there any kids charity or something to that effect for all the unwanted lego minifigs.

If i had an address, i would post my popsinger, witch, spare pharoah and skier so far...

and with the lack of a barcode on series 3, i think i might have loads of surplus stuff.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ha, careful what you say about unwanted minifigs or you'll be swamped with people on here willing to take them off your hands. :D

I can't think of any specific kids charity that would take Lego and creches might not want them due to the small pieces.

You could maybe drop them into somewhere like Oxfam maybe and then at least you'll be sure of a buyer that wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I have offered them up before on the minifig thread but nobody really wants those ones. Onlyzombies and the such. Not fan of given them to second hand shops.

If anyone knows of anywhere,

Cheers for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd love them a lot if your were giving them away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A friend of mine told me recently that charity shops have gotten ridiculously picky over second hand toys - or at least the ones she tried to donate to.

By the way, Series 3 has 'bump' codes instead of barcodes. They're harder to deceipher, but not impossible. The real challenge is finding a European cheat sheet, most of the ones online are for the US. I'm going to make one when I've gotten them all (have 6 so far, out of a 7 purchased, so not doing too badly from feeling around!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Maybe you could try sending them to a children's hospital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

ya i was thinking that when i have enough unwanted.
    Tallon,i have my spares given away at this stage, just planning for next round of spares. but i will keep you in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ya i was thinking that when i have enough unwanted.
    Tallon,i have my spares given away at this stage, just planning for next round of spares. but i will keep you in mind.

Advertisement