Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nugget new album out now!

• 21-01-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Story lads. My new album "Ready To Diet" is out now for just 10 euro @ http://www.shop.terawrizt.com
    Big cheers to everyone who got on it and to Khara for photography and jebus for another classic cover!
    And most of all tera who made me get the finger out and do it and put serious work into making it sound this good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

you remind me of the rubber bandits,well to do,posh accent,rhyming in a thick dublin accent,in trb,a thick limerick accent.
    im not saying thats you but i dont know,it just sounds like that to me.
    the album title doesnt help,gives the impression youve gone down the weird al yankovich route.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Well to do? Your right ya dont know me pal. I've been out of work the best part of three years. Hardly well to do now is it.
    Im not posh either. I live in ballyfermot this is the way i talk.
    I dont really care if people think i've gone down any route. As long as they're buying the album they could think im trying to be the next clif richard.
    I know ya like to pick apart anything i do on here but your saying more about yourself than anything by doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    you remind me of the rubber bandits,well to do,posh accent,rhyming in a thick dublin accent,in trb,a thick limerick accent.
    im not saying thats you but i dont know,it just sounds like that to me.
    the album title doesnt help,gives the impression youve gone down the weird al yankovich route.

man dont say that.....im the least biggest fan of irish hip hop you'll ever meet but dont compare any rapper to them 2..there exactly whats wrong with Ireland..there the very same as jedward...famous for making complete tools out of themselves and in turn again making Irish people look like fools...this guy just dropped an album which genuine work went into and even though i can say its not my cup of tea youve got to respect anyone putting in a decent effort..hope it goes well for you nugget :)

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Well to do? Your right ya dont know me pal. I've been out of work the best part of three years. Hardly well to do now is it.
    Im not posh either. I live in ballyfermot this is the way i talk.
    I dont really care if people think i've gone down any route. As long as they're buying the album they could think im trying to be the next clif richard.
    I know ya like to pick apart anything i do on here but your saying more about yourself than anything by doing it.
    you read the bit where i said "im not saying thats you"?
    it just sounds that way to me,to reliant on using the stereotypical dublin words/phrases,yis all are,not just you though,but it makes it seem almost false.

as for not caring what people think,you should,if people are buying it and thats all that matters to you then fine.
    but me personally,if i seen that album in a shop id assume it was a comedy rap album,and there fore avoid it.

pecker1992 wrote: »
    man dont say that.....im the least biggest fan of irish hip hop you'll ever meet but dont compare any rapper to them 2..there exactly whats wrong with Ireland..there the very same as jedward...famous for making complete tools out of themselves and in turn again making Irish people look like fools...this guy just dropped an album which genuine work went into and even though i can say its not my cup of tea youve got to respect anyone putting in a decent effort..hope it goes well for you nugget :)
    believe it or not mate ive had a discussion on here with someone,or with some people,who tried to argue the point that the rubber bandits are legitimate rappers.
    my point was though,the album title "ready to diet" sounds like hes doing the weird al yankovich thing,which is comedy,not that its funny but its supposed to be.
    which is where the comparison came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

believe it or not mate ive had a discussion on here with someone,or with some people,who tried to argue the point that the rubber bandits are legitimate rappers.
    my point was though,the album title "ready to diet" sounds like hes doing the weird al yankovich thing,which is comedy,not that its funny but its supposed to be.
    which is where the comparison came from.

my bad man must have picked you up wrong :P.......and to whoever you argued with that tried to call them apes legitimate rappers...please get your hearing and sight checked seriously.....please :P

Well ya wont be seeing it in a shop. I sold my last cd in shops and its not random people who just see it on the shelf who buy it. Its people who know of ya already. People who buy my album buy it straight from me so they know who i am and what im about.
    So yeah im a fake comedy rapper who over uses common phrases to sound cool.

And pecker cheers for the well wishes mate.
    Nice to see some people dont look to contsantly pick apart anything they dont like with points that arent even true.

Well ya wont be seeing it in a shop. I sold my last cd in shops and its not random people who just see it on the shelf who buy it. Its people who know of ya already. People who buy my album buy it straight from me so they know who i am and what im about.
    So yeah im a fake comedy rapper who over uses common phrases to sound cool.
    Ok fair enough,just saying is all,no need for the melodramatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

pecker1992 wrote: »

are you not contradicting urself there abit no??.....I mean there around workin ther bollix off the last few yrs tryin to get ther stuff out there, does that not count as a decent efford?? just sayin...

And if anyone knew nugget or listened to his choons on here yous would know he is funny, and in most tracks has quality funny lines....doesnt mean he doesnt do serious tracks aswell or lables himself "comedy"....I think the title and artwork are bang on for what id expect from nugget...and defo would never base buying an album just on the title and artwork alone....thats jus plain retarded...

good luck with this, lookin forward to it

• Advertisement

Cullo wrote: »
    and defo would never base buying an album just on the title and artwork alone....thats jus plain retarded...
    seeing an album by the name ready to diet,with a fat guy eating doughnuts on the cover,and assuming it may be a comedy based album is retarded,are you for real?

seeing an album by the name ready to diet,with a fat guy eating doughnuts on the cover,and assuming it may be a comedy based album is retarded,are you for real?

Assuming its comedy is not retarded, I can easily see why you would think that it was....but avoiding it becouse of the title and cover alone without atleast checking out a choon is. also, how often do you go into a store and buy an album based on the cover or title??

I would never of bought "Aquemini" if I thought the album was gonna be all about pimps from space...

Nail on the head there cullo. Nobody is gonna go into a record shop and buy a cd from an artist they've never heard based on artwork. I certainly wouldnt. I wouldnt buy an album without hearing some tracks. Hugh cream seems to just want to pick holes in anything. Sure i never bought seargent pepper cos there was way too many people on it. I never bought nevermind cos im not into naked babies making music and didnt buy ready to die for the same reason.

Assuming its comedy is not retarded, I can easily see why you would think that it was....but avoiding it becouse of the title and cover alone without atleast checking out a choon is. also, how often do you go into a store and buy an album based on the cover or title??

I would never of bought "Aquemini" if I thought the album was gonna be all about pimps from space...
    lets be real here,no fukking about,and no backing up your boy cause hes chatting to a guy you aint to fond of.
    the reality is,nugget is an unknown,he claims to not give a shyt what people think of his album,which i dont believe.
    if he wants to make a go of this i personally feel he needs to be clear in the direction he wants people to know hes going.
    people usually make decisions based on first impressions,and word of mouth alone is not enough any more.

i honestly dont get you guys,its like you have this opinion that your own material is the hottest thing ever put to wax,or to cd.
    and as soon as someone mentions something atiny bit negative the melodramatics begin.
    not you personally,but on a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 osizzle

lookin forward to pickin this up,
    his last album was decent,
    amusing title too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

lets be real here,no fukking about,and no backing up your boy cause hes chatting to a guy you aint to fond of.
    the reality is,nugget is an unknown,he claims to not give a shyt what people think of his album,which i dont believe.
    if he wants to make a go of this i personally feel he needs to be clear in the direction he wants people to know hes going.
    people usually make decisions based on first impressions,and word of mouth alone is not enough any more.

:rolleyes:

You seem to be awfully worried about an artist's integrity/honesty/etc. Rick Ross was one, and now this guy who's making a decent go of something he enjoys doing. Of course he's going to defend his work. The only melodrama I see on this thread is from yourself.

i honestly dont get you guys,its like you have this opinion that your own material is the hottest thing ever put to wax,or to cd.
    and as soon as someone mentions something atiny bit negative the melodramatics begin.

You are saying that about him personally, don't hide it.

Nuggets not my boy, he's a fat git!!...and iv nothin against you man, it just seems youv got somethin against pritty much everythin and everyone.

Of course he gives a shyt if people like his album...he just wouldn give a shyt if people didnt. thats the point you seem to be missin.

He is clear in the direction he is going and thats what matters....he's a rapper, he battles and makes choons....what direction do you think he's going.

This is true but id base my first impressions on a choon not the cover and if anything I think the cover and title on this would catch my eye ALOT more than some up-close picture of some guy wit a self titled album....or some boarin crap along them lines

not you personally,but on a whole

Think you just through this one in cos it felt to much like a conversation you were having instead of an argument.

Nuggets not my boy, he's a fat git!!...and iv nothin against you man, it just seems youv got somethin against pritty much everythin and everyone.

my personal opinion of much of what is posted is that its horrible,am i supposed to lie to fit in,or just not say anything in case i offend someone?

Of course he gives a shyt if people like his album...he just wouldn give a shyt if people didnt. thats the point you seem to be missin.

thats not what he said tho mate.

He is clear in the direction he is going and thats what matters....he's a rapper, he battles and makes choons....what direction do you think he's going.

i dont know,thats the point,to the average guy on the street,what he has presented could be a bit confusing.

This is true but id base my first impressions on a choon not the cover and if anything I think the cover and title on this would catch my eye ALOT more than some up-close picture of some guy wit a self titled album....or some boarin crap along them lines

of course it would catch your eye,but it would confuse you,be honest,if you saw it on a shelf you would assume it was a comedy rap cd?

Think you just through this one in cos it felt to much like a conversation you were having instead of an argument.

no its how i feel,some of you seem very sensitive,and in no way open to criticism,thats fair enuf cause it can be hard to take,but on a whole all im doing is speaking my mind.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

You seem to be awfully worried about an artist's integrity/honesty/etc. Rick Ross was one, and now this guy who's making a decent go of something he enjoys doing. Of course he's going to defend his work. The only melodrama I see on this thread is from yourself.

You are saying that about him personally, don't hide it.
    god forbid someone tries to strike up a conversation on a forum,what was i thinking.:rolleyes:

Im wasting my time (he says as he shakes his head in disappointment)

• Advertisement

man up people,its called constructive criticism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

man up people,its called constructive criticism.

It's called being a pleb, which is what you do, constantly, on this forum with your low level trolling and gombeenary.

lnugget is an unknown,he claims to not give a shyt what people think of his album,which i dont believe.
    I claimed not to give a **** what people think of my album? Where did i claim this?I said i dont care what people think im trying to be. Different.
    I know exactly what direction im going in. Im doing something i enjoy and putting it out there and selling a few cds along the way. Im not gonna book the aviva just yet.
    Im not going for word of mouth. I put my stuff out there and promote it. I've done a lot of battles this past year and theyre been watched by thousands of people. Therefore more people have checked my music and vought my last release as a result.

I personally thinm nas illmatic is the hottest thing ever put to wax or cd. And my stuff doesnt come close. I enjoy doing it and some people seem to enjoy listening. I have no problem with someone being negative. I just dont see the need for constant negativity.
    You've trolled anything i've put on here. You told me nobody wants to watch my battles i told you thousands of people have watched each one. You said it must just be cos its so bad. You told me the hundreds of people whol pay into each event are just friends of mine. You said im posh and have a fake accent and am actually posh and fake. You said my album means im a comedy rapper. Basically anything i do you have some ridiculous theory about it without knowing any of the facts.
    Get on with your life man seriously. You dont like my stuff. I dont mind. Go pay attention to something you like. I watched the chelsea match tonight as i like football. The i played fifa. I didnt watch the tennis and play some **** tennis game so i could complain about it.

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's called being a pleb, which is what you do, constantly, on this forum with your low level trolling and gombeenary.
    Pleb and gombeen,wow I've been put in my place.

@nugget
    Enough with the woe is me act,you got the people on your side,you really don't need to lay the melodramatics on as thick as you are.
    And why the fuk wud you lie,or put words in my mouth so to speak,childish tbh.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lets avoid name calling and handbags

Nugget has established that this album is for the people who want it and doesnt expect it to be purchased based on the packaging.

Hugh Cream believes that Nugget is restricting himself in marketing the album in this way.

Nuff said.

Best of luck with the album Nugget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If you want to sell Irish hip hop to Irish people then marketing it as comedy is the best approach. We've only just gone from having the general publics impression being "OMG.. it's an Irish person trying to rap lolololol!" to actually laughing with the artist instead.

Irish culture doesn't lend itself to making hip hop in the same serious style as you might in New York. Boasting about money or toughness will get you laughed at. It's just a cultural thing.

Seriousness doesn't necessarily mean more legitimate or worthy either. Complicated ideas and messages can be communicated well with humour. Look at most of the famous Irish writers and musicians and comedy was often used as a trojan horse for topics that people couldn't or didn't want to discuss.

@nugget
    Enough with the woe is me act,you got the people on your side,you really don't need to lay the melodramatics on as thick as you are.
    And why the fuk wud you lie,or put words in my mouth so to speak,childish tbh.:rolleyes:
    Woe is me? Far from it pal im a happy go lucky type of dude stop thinking you know me.
    Lie or put words? I used the quote function. Therefore you said everything i quoted. You however said that i claimed not to care what people think of my album. Which is completely false. So yes childish you are. Just give up you lost with your first comment calling me posh.

Woe is me? Far from it pal im a happy go lucky type of dude stop thinking you know me.
    Lie or put words? I used the quote function. Therefore you said everything i quoted. You however said that i claimed not to care what people think of my album. Which is completely false. So yes childish you are. Just give up you lost with your first comment calling me posh.
    Did you or did you not say "i dont care what route people think i have taken with the album"?
    Exscuse me if i havnt quoted you word for word.

As for the woe is me,ye mate your laying it on pretty thick,all this shyt in every post about me saying you were posh,thats you embellishing what i said,basically lying.

Like i said,you dont need to go looking for pity,they got your back already.

• Advertisement

As long as they're buying the album they could think im trying to be the next clif richard.
    Big difference to what you said i said.
    you remind me of the rubber bandits,well to do,posh accent,rhyming in a thick dublin accent,
    Thats both direct quotes. So yeah your wrong on both counts. No need to apologise.
    Man its not my fault people posted in here slating your opinions. Maybe you should think about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement