Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training a Vizsla

Options
  • 22-01-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Vizsla pup(He's 16 weeks now)and so far I have been just getting to do the basics(sit,come,return to the whistle) and he obeys most of the time.I have also started to bring him out for runs in big open fields with a bit of cover just to let him get the idea of hunting.I'm purposely not bringing him to anywhere that has an rough cover as I'm worried that at this age he might damage hips etc if he jumps off anything.He seems to love it and seems to be showing all the right signs e.g pointing bushes,hunting with his nose down to the ground etc.I am not doing any "hunting training" on these runs,just letting him enjoy himself.I'm just wondering if the behaviour is just "puppy behaviour" or if it is genuinely the early stages of a good dog.Any advise would be great.TNKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid the Help Desk is for queries about Boards rather than general help. However if you post in the Hunting forum someone there may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Thanks Zaph.
    I was having problems posting the new thread( the new thread icon was not coming up) but it seems to be working now.

Advertisement