Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gt5 Drifting

• 22-01-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

anyone any good at it?

must have a bit of a drifting session after one of the midweek race events. any cars you like on Tsukuba and autumn ring mini, possibly eiger short too?

i was pretty good in prologue with a controller. top ten on leaderboards with the delta integrale and alfa brera. but since i got the dfgt i've been at sea. starting to get into the groove of it in the last few weeks. i can almost string together a constant drift around the autumn ring mini, getting about 10,000 points and big smiles. :)

well any takers? oh and the nicest drifting car i've found is the Merc sls, it's so responsive and somehow a bit lazy at the same time!.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i can drift pretty decent, the amount of arseholes, online thinking their DK or whatever puts me off but i can hold my own ( if anything, i tend to hold back, 5 decent laps of the ring beats 1 and a half + a big smash into noobie drifters who report you despite them failing to keep right and keep some space )

but i degress, I drift everything, only thign for me is the speed of the car im drifting with ( not a big problem IRL but in this, i dont wanna be smoked on the straight by a 600+ hp skyline in my 270 hp s2000 :rolleyes: )

also OP only really get a chance to play around now during the night so its less then ideal :( but b0n0198 is my i.d, id love to get some irish lads on their cause the aussies can drift and moan like a heaffer giving birth to mary harny /endrant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

have to say that i was only any good with 4wd cars using a controller but since i moved to the wheel..... i can only drift rwd cars.... power from 180 to 600 bhp. liking the merc slr and the ae86 corolla now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Pdfile wrote: »
    i can drift pretty decent, the amount of arseholes, online thinking their DK or whatever puts me off but i can hold my own ( if anything, i tend to hold back, 5 decent laps of the ring beats 1 and a half + a big smash into noobie drifters who report you despite them failing to keep right and keep some space )

but i degress, I drift everything, only thign for me is the speed of the car im drifting with ( not a big problem IRL but in this, i dont wanna be smoked on the straight by a 600+ hp skyline in my 270 hp s2000 :rolleyes: )

also OP only really get a chance to play around now during the night so its less then ideal :( but b0n0198 is my i.d, id love to get some irish lads on their cause the aussies can drift and moan like a heaffer giving birth to mary harny /endrant

Do you use the pad or a wheel ?

mle1324 wrote: »
    Do you use the pad or a wheel ?

either depending on time of day and car/track in use.

bigger/wider track = wheel

smaller/tighter = pad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I heard that if you use manual and drop a gear its easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

it's whatever works! that technique is called shift locking.... i find it difficult.
    for most cars you only need 2nd and 3rd anyway!

their are many technqiues, no corners are perfect for it, but you mix and match to suit, if anything, dive head in with a well balanced car ( like a s2000/s15 ) and try different technqiues and timings on entry, feathering the throttle etc and you'd be surprized with the results and quick improvment you'll make, but like all racing theirs still that little better you need to get, though you do and will get their eventually ( you know, to get that extra little bit wider on exit/entry or 2-3 mph faster through with smoke etc ) all in good time and s*** loads of practice...

check gt5planet also if your short of set-ups...

Advertisement