Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to split bricks cleanly?

• 22-01-2011 1:07am
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hello folks,

I am doing a job at teh moment which requires me to split a large amount of bricks along their edge. I need to slice off the top half so to speak. Any trick for doing this cleanly and accurately as I will be using both halves.

thanks a lot,

john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

johneym wrote: »
    hello folks,

I am doing a job at teh moment which requires me to split a large amount of bricks along their edge. I need to slice off the top half so to speak. Any trick for doing this cleanly and accurately as I will be using both halves.

thanks a lot,

john

Cut them with 9" Grinder and diamond blade, or a consaw with a diamond blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

if your splitting them along their edge (queen closure) it is near impossible to split with hammer and bolster without breaking them so like above grinder or consaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Im aways using a big tile saw with loads of water
    The other options above will work too but is a nasty dusty job

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

thanks lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Aldi and Lidl both sell block splitters from time to time.

It seems to be some sort of large clamp/vice style object with a sliding hammer/chisel type gadget for splitting the blocks/bricks.

Dont know how good or how crap it is though??:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement