Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove, running, Beginners

• 22-01-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove Looking running group/partners, i'm a Beginner!! Never really jogged before need advice with pacing- am 30, female, not super fit but not too bad, am determined.

Would love to train with goal of 10k marathon... any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

A bit far away (blackrock) but the only advice I can give is to find some sort of structure to your routine. It's obviously dependent on many many things - work, family, other time consuming hobbies, weight, base ability.
    I started the the C25K this month (I skipped to week 4) and I'm doing 4 runs a week which suits me fine. many other do 3 runs a week which is just as good - so long as you try and stick to the routine.
    Everyone on here is really helpful, but I'm sure they'll all give you the same advice - start slow, and build up from there.
    What are your goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bness

Hey pokermonkey ,

thanks for the reply. suppose I'm looking for other beginners to run with.
    few yrs ago i organised a running group of 4 (via boards.ie) in Galway & as far as i know they still run together! Strength & encouragement in numbers!! I find i stick to routines when there are others involved- no excuses!

So anyone interested in Beginners evening runs, between 40ft & east pier in DunL (is a lovely stretch) give me a shout-

Nice N Slow to start leading up to 10k run?????

Advertisement