Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 3 year ban.....

Options
  • 22-01-2011 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

will be up in the summer and I was looking for advice from people who finished there's and went back too Oz for a holiday.
    Had you any trouble getting a holiday visa?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

How did you manage to get banned from the Country??????
    If ya dont mind me askin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

What..do you need a holiday visa entering Australia? I never knew this..how do you go about getting one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

CLARiiON wrote: »
    What..do you need a holiday visa entering Australia? I never knew this..how do you go about getting one?

No, you don't need a Holiday visa, so long as it is Tourism only. Alot of Irish go out there on Working Holiday Visas.

I went to Australia last summer and I did not need a visa on my Irish passport, there is a electronic pre-approval needed but USIT did it for me as I had all my flights booked with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

u must of stay over on ur last visa did u.thats wat they hate,ur ban will always go against u mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Stinicker wrote: »
    No, you don't need a Holiday visa, so long as it is Tourism only. Alot of Irish go out there on Working Holiday Visas.

I went to Australia last summer and I did not need a visa on my Irish passport, there is a electronic pre-approval needed but USIT did it for me as I had all my flights booked with them.

Thats a ETA visa, everyone requires a visa to enter Australia except Australians.

You don't get a label in your passport its just electronic.... thats probably your confusion.

• Advertisement

You might be pulled in questioned & searched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

CLARiiON wrote: »

more than likely he outstayed his visa welcome.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Would like to know this too, good post. My other half got a5 year ban from US. Its up now but wondered what kinda hassle he might get if we went over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Would like to know this too, good post. My other half got a5 year ban from US. Its up now but wondered what kinda hassle he might get if we went over.

Well I wouldn't just turn up at the airport.. Apply through the embassy.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't just turn up at the airport.. Apply through the embassy.

Agreed 100% Most likely because of him getting a 5 year ban from the United States he may never again be able to use the Visa Waiver Programme and would have to apply for a Visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Glove-726317.jpg

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Thats a ETA visa, everyone requires a visa to enter Australia except Australians.

You don't get a label in your passport its just electronic.... thats probably your confusion.

Yeah, thats the one, (it's called eVisitor) I had to email USIT scans of our passports and they did it up for us. There was no "Visa" as in a sticker in the passport in the more traditional sense, only Entry and Exit stamps in the passport. It's a small bit like the ESTA for the United States where you actually just get pre-approval and not an actual visa!

you don't even get a label in you passport for a WHV visa anymore, it electronic these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Nor for my 457

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

u must of stay over on ur last visa did u.thats wat they hate,ur ban will always go against u mate

Why would anyone listen to you when you insult almost every facet of the english language? Please for the love of god, no text speak.

I know your probably on a mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Agreed 100% Most likely because of him getting a 5 year ban from the United States he may never again be able to use the Visa Waiver Programme and would have to apply for a Visa.

It happened to me and I was told that I can never, EVER just go again as a tourist under the VWP.

He will have to apply for the B1/B2 Visa in the Embassy and will have to prove that he has sufficient ties to Ireland (job, spouse, mortgage, etc.) in order to get the visa.

LambsEye wrote: »
    It happened to me and I was told that I can never, EVER just go again as a tourist under the VWP.

He will have to apply for the B1/B2 Visa in the Embassy and will have to prove that he has sufficient ties to Ireland (job, spouse, mortgage, etc.) in order to get the visa.

Getting a Visa is not a big deal though, I have the B1/B2 as I got such a grilling the last time I travelled on the VWP that I couldn't be bothered going through the hassle and stress of it again. (although I never did anything wrong, I just met an immigration agent who was a pain in the arse in Shannon last time on the VWP).

When I flew into the US for the first time on my B1/B2, I was asked why I had the Visa and explained my reason and the helpful guy in LA said according to my file, I had no reason to need a Visa unless I wanted to stay longer than 90 days but less than 6 months, (my stay in America was for 5 days!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Getting a Visa is not a big deal though, I just met an immigration agent who was a pain in the arse in Shannon last time on the VWP).

Maybe getting the B1/B2 isn't but good GOD getting the H1B is!!! Worst experience of my life. Also, Shannon airport is NOTORIOUS for sh*tty immigration people.

But no for your average tourist getting the B1/B2 isn't a big deal. You DO need to show all the information though. And you also need it because you don't apply for the VWP any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

is this a skilled migrant visa or a sponsor migrant visa
    Vorsprung wrote: »
    Nor for my 457

is this a skilled migrant visa or a sponsor migrant visa

457 is a Temporary Sponsored visa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement