Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managment fee proportions

Options
  • 22-01-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

im looking to see if there is a set precentage outlined in law that managment companies should charge for different housing units and to commercial units within a estate for managment fees, i have been trying to get a hold of some figures from our managing agent for some time and last nite i got a very brief breakdown of service charges annually, and to my horror i find that the commercial units in our complex are expected to pay the same fee as a standare 1/2/3 bed house which is approx €300p/a.
    Im sure that commercial units and creche's should pay a larger contribution towards service charges annually, is this set out in law of some type or is it a decision set out by a managing agent who gets charged what?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The percentage is set out in your Lease Contract. That will give you the ratio used to calculate your portion of the management fee.

This generally comes from the floor space of the units

total floor space/unit floor space = your portion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There is no law on this afaik.
    Why do you think the shops should pay more? Are they larger, get designated parking spaces, does the creche have a larger fenced garden than the houses or put heavy use on communal play equipment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The proportion of fees you pay is detailed in the documents you signed at purchase. It's probably not something you considered at the time, but definitely some fees are not apportioned fairly in development budgets. I know ours aren't (the houses pay more than the apartments but get fewer services) but it's what we signed up for and therefore that's what we pay.

Advertisement