Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

edimax 6200n lite 3g router

Options
  • 22-01-2011 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have upgraded to an Huawei E122 because of its increased speed capability, The wireless router I am using is 6200n Edimax,the firmware version is 2.12, the latest version is 2.20, Just wondering if I download and upgrade do I loos all my settings , therefore having to recreate a new network, or will it see what was already there and and reconnect. Havnt got a lot of experience with networks but am willing to have a go, rather than buying a new on, I visited the edimax site and the E122 is compatible with the router 6200n lite, Thanks Nikonman:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

Generally, the update will require you to re-enter your settings.
    The main purpose of updates on this router is to support newer modems.
    if it doesn't support the E122 on your current firmware, you don't have much choice.
    Don't expect much speed increase! What are you currently getting?

If your SIM is unlocked and settings are correct on it, you might just connect with default settings after the upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nikonman

Thanks for getting back to me, I have updated the version from 2.12 to the newer version firmware , worked a treat, no hassle,just up date by way of ethnernet cable, , got increased speed as a result, now getting 4 megs instead of one, happy days

Advertisement