Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get moving!

• 22-01-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Ok so said I'd start a log on here to keep me motivated!
    I've started the couck25k plan with a view to being able to run the local 10k fun run at the end of the summer.

My fitness level at the moment is pretty basic. I walk everywhere so at least 5 days a week I walk 2.5k to work and then same home again. I'll usually go for a walk on my day off too.

21/01/11
    Walk to work 25 mins
    Walk from work to gym (2 mins from my house) 20 mins
    W1D1 of c25k 30 mins
    Walk home

Can't wait til Monday to do day 2!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Good job Messy! keep it up. I'm on Week 7 of C25K now. Its tough, but it gets results.
    Theres a C25K thread where everyone in our boat is posting and giving advise. Its great for support. Keep up your own thread though also (like me) as its good to keep track of all your runs.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Thank's pokermonkey! Can't wait until I'm where you are! :)
    I'm hoping to keep record of all exercise I'm doing here so that I can keep myself motivated looking at how far I (hope to) have come! :)
    Bit stiff today but it's a nice kinda stiff where I know it's because I've done something!
    I think this week will be a test for me now as I take a Zumba class Tuesdays and am planning on running Monday and Wednesday along with my usual walking to work so fingers crossed it won't be too much all together. I'd hate to have to drop the class.

24/01/11
    W1D2 of c25k
    20 mins easy on the cross trainer chatting with a friend in the gym
    Walk to work 35 mins (my legs are dead!)
    I might be bold and bum a lift home depending on how I'm feeling later!

Today was a lot easier than Friday. I was running and walking faster and actually felt like the running segments were finished too quickly! Didn't want to push too hard so made up for it with a bit of time on the cross trainer.
    Roll on Wednesday for day 3!!

25/01/11
    Walk to work 30 mins
    Zumba class 1 hour

26/01/11
    W1D3 c25k
    Walk to work 30 mins

I am totally wrecked today but at the same time feel full of energy. It so confusing lol :)
    I found the run much harder today had to slow it down a good bit because my legs were so tired after zumba last night. It was still doable though so roll on Friday for start of week 2!!!

Bit of an unplanned lie in this morning unfortunately so didn't have time for a run before work! Off for the weekend though so I'll be down in the gym tomorrow morning to get going! :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately due to a bereavement in the family It will have been a week since my last run when I get the chance to get to the gym on wednesday. Hopefully I'll still be ok to pick up where I left off at week 2 day 1!

03/02/2011
    Back in the game! :)
    Walk to work 30 mins
    Walk home 20 mins
    W2D1 of C25K Almost broke 3k for the first time determined to do over 3k for day 2.

Surprisingly the 90 seconds running were ok i was struggling coming to the end but not dying like I expected after a week between week 1 and 2! :)

Advertisement