Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSE Composites Stock

Options
  • 22-01-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just picked up my new PSE Carbon Fibre stock for my T3 lite yesterday and I have to say im delighted! Superb fit, better than any mc millan ive seen and light as a feather. Great feel in the hand too, meatier than the standard stock and very rigid.. Big thanks to Edi. Now off to Fergal Whyte on monday for a truflite barrel :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

GixxerThou wrote: »
    Just picked up my new PSE Carbon Fibre stock for my T3 lite yesterday and I have to say im delighted! Superb fit, better than any mc millan ive seen and light as a feather. Great feel in the hand too, meatier than the standard stock and very rigid.. Big thanks to Edi. Now off to Fergal Whyte on monday for a truflite barrel :)

Jasus lad you are spoiling your self. And making me jealous at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Jasus lad you are spoiling your self. And making me jealous at the same time.
    Ah sure I know! Ye know what its like when you get an itch tho!! Want to prove a point with the tikka, gonna be savage accurate and fully kitted out it will be lighter than my Blaser without scope and mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Pics or gtfo:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah man you have to show us some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

How much of a weight saving is it on the standard stock?

• Advertisement

murph226 wrote: »
    How much of a weight saving is it on the standard stock?
    Will get pics up when barrel is fitted! Only saving an ounce on standard T3 lite stock, but much better feel to PSE stock. Tikka stock was very small around pistol grip, pse is higher too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Edi does great work
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144624&d=1295731962

Made a great difference for me to have a raised cheek piece on the opposite side

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Best of luck with your build would love to see pictures .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

My McMillen could do with a raised cheekpiece like yours Tack... I like to get good cheek-weld, but when I do my eye is too low for the scope.

I'm using warn low mounts but I might have to get some mounts made to take the scope right down to it's near on the barrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Glensman wrote: »
    My McMillen could do with a raised cheekpiece like yours Tack... I like to get good cheek-weld, but when I do my eye is too low for the scope.

I'm using warn low mounts but I might have to get some mounts made to take the scope right down to it's near on the barrel!

What rifle and scope are you using ?
    There must be some other brand available that are lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Gixxer, thanks for the kind words.

The weight of your stock is maybe an ounce or so heavier than normal
    because of the second swivel stud up front and it's internal reinforcements.
    Normally our ultralight would be around 100grams lighter than the T3 lite
    plastic stock. Doesn't sound much but the PSE is at least 20% more surface as it is a bigger stock.
    Most factory stocks are made as small as possible to save materials and costs, sacrificing fit.
    Our stocks are made to fit well with 42-56mm scopes. Most factory stocks are made to suit
    open sights, hence the low comb.
    Looking forward to pictures after Fergal does his magic.

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

zeissman wrote: »
    What rifle and scope are you using ?
    There must be some other brand available that are lower.

It's a Howa 1500, not sure of the bases, they're good I just don't know what brand. The mounts are Warne Low and the scope is á Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40.

Because it's only a 40mm objective I should be able to get it lower, but I think I need to mount them with mounts and bases all one, I seen some custom made one's at Fergal White's, I might have to get some made myself, but money's that tight! :(

It's a Howa 1500, not sure of the bases, they're good I just don't know what brand. The mounts are Warne Low and the scope is á Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40.

Because it's only a 40mm objective I should be able to get it lower, but I think I need to mount them with mounts and bases all one, I seen some custom made one's at Fergal White's, I might have to get some made myself, but money's that tight! :(

I was thinking of lowering my mounts two.
    Even with a 56mm Bell I have a few mm to spare, However I wonder if then the light of the P7 would deffo hit the Moderator even more than it does now.

I know the mounts you are referring to, I don't think they are that expensive Glensman, Give the Fig a Ring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Howa use the same mounts as remington so there will be loads of mount systems available off the shelf without having to get custom ones.
    Take a look at burris and leupold for a start. There are a lot of mounts available to you.
    You could also fit a karsten cheekpiece to your stock

Here's the finnished rifle and a few groups, all factory ammo. Very happy chap!
    http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Snigsnog/tikka%20custom/

snigsnog102.jpg

I love the new rig.
    Love the groups. Minute of Crow they are too!

what she weigh in at and what difference with the muzzle break?
    Titanium right?
    snigsnog108.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Looks good, well wear. Hope you don't mind a few questions as I'm thinking of getting one myself.

How do you find the pistol grip area compared to the original? Is it thicker or thinner?
    What’s your hand position like in relation to the trigger, are you closer or farther away than the original?
    What’s the check piece like compared to the original, did you have to raise or lower your scope?
    Whats the LOP like?

Better still, if you still have your original T3 stock, any chance you could take a few side by side pics and post them for a comparison?

Weighs 9lb 15oz with scope, bipod and atec can.. Muzzle break is brilliant but not using it for hunting, these groups were shot with moderator.

MACT1RE wrote: »
    Looks good, well wear. Hope you don't mind a few questions as I'm thinking of getting one myself.

How do you find the pistol grip area compared to the original? Is it thicker or thinner?
    What’s your hand position like in relation to the trigger, are you closer or farther away than the original?
    What’s the check piece like compared to the original, did you have to raise or lower your scope?
    Whats the LOP like?

Better still, if you still have your original T3 stock, any chance you could take a few side by side pics and post them for a comparison?
    Heres a couple of pics.. Pistol grip is a lot meatier in the hand, much better than original, longer too and further away from the trigger.. The cheekpiece is much higher than standard which makes it more comfortable to shoot and the foreend is wider and better feel to it.. Im very happy with it, far better fit than any Mcmillan Ive seen!http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Snigsnog/stock/

snigsnog102.jpg

I love the new rig.
    Love the groups. Minute of Crow they are too!

what she weigh in at and what difference with the muzzle break?
    Titanium right?
    snigsnog108.jpg
    Tack ye only showed the bad group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Fergal White did a great job on that re-barrel. Didn't hang around either.

How does the stock behave recoil wise? also if you compare to the original?

Very good groups for factory hunting ammo.
    Hope you enjoy the rig.
    edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I was down with Edi in Kinsale yesterday collecting a new Roedale mod.
    Excellent set up he has down there, the stocks are featherlite and stronger than anything I have seen to be honest.
    Edi is trying to steer people towards the C.F. route and to be honest the difference in price over fibreglass is so little youd be mad not to go totally C.F.
    I was talking to Edi about possibly restocking my lefthanded Sako and this is going to require quite a bit of 'be-spoke' work and also the possibility of putting a neutral stock on one of my rem700s.
    PS. the figures he was quoting me were not crazy which was a welcome change in this day and age.

Hi Edi, Just seen your post above................ can I get commission or discount now ha ha...
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice one Gixxer. That a .270?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Heres a couple of pics.. Pistol grip is a lot meatier in the hand, much better than original, longer too and further away from the trigger.. The cheekpiece is much higher than standard which makes it more comfortable to shoot and the foreend is wider and better feel to it.. Im very happy with it, far better fit than any Mcmillan Ive seen!http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Snigsnog/stock/

Thanks for that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Amazing groups ,Gixxer.Just goes to show how well factory ammo can shoot with the right kind of build .Impressive results ,to say the least!Best of luck and happy stalking .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Very very nice, well wear! All the better because its made in Ireland too :D PSE abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

nice set up you have there gixxer thou,
    i have the same stock on my rifle and wouldnt change it ,,,i also got a roedale mod off edi ,its so light you wouldn't even notice it on the barrel ,,,highly recomend it

ian

Nice one Gixxer. That a .270?
    Yea thats right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Yea thats right!

excellent, looks like a job well done from some talented craftsmen. and the group you shot backs it up
    well done everyone

now all i can say is I WANT ONE:D

well wear gixxer.

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    excellent, looks like a job well done from some talented craftsmen. and the group you shot backs it up
    well done everyone

now all i can say is I WANT ONE:D

well wear gixxer.

I told ya Paulo that you's be on a smi looking at a Pimped Tikka :D

Advertisement