Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowen to issue Statement at 2pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Try and keep up...it's a vote of confidence in the 'government' on Tuesday...not Taoiseach...there is a difference.
    ha ha. nope, there's not. technically perhaps, but not in essence. he's putting his own people in a ridiculous position.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Haha going forward

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Also where does he now sit in the Dail.
    Beside his mate Bertie if he ever bothers to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"We know where we are today, I don't want to go over all that."

Ya, we're ****ed. Great job Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Bit of a farce - Greens only given 15 minutes notice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

kraggy wrote: »
    Because it's the official language of the State?

Because it's the first language of a sizeable amount of people in the West of Ireland?

Come on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Crazy, you can't be Taoiseach when you can't even lead your own party FFS.

eidt oh and RTE player sucks donkey balls. Keeps craping out the stream then making me watch ads again ....

I get a replay button on a live stream when it craps out ... ... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

murpho999 wrote: »
    Off topic, but TG4 is not funded by RTE

Anyhow, missing the press conference. Is Election still on March 11th?

Is he running for election as TD or stepping out altogether?

It is still on for that date :)

And thanks to the last budget RTE is being forced to pay for TG4.

http://budget.irishexaminer.com/analysis/rte-to-pay-price-of-cuts-to-tg4-138780.html

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

This has turned too cosy, too quickly. He's still the head of state, and needs to be taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,171 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That man is so deluded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

ArtSmart wrote: »
    ha ha. nope, there's not. technically perhaps, but not in essence. he's putting his own people in a ridiculous position.

Government party and supporters won't vote against itself. Today's develeopment probably ensures the Gov will survive on Tues. Labour idiots should have tabled it against Taoiseach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TG4 is mainly funded by the state to the tune of €36 million in 2010, thats why they get a decent go in a language hardly anyone speaks well enough to understand BIFFO (esp that accent)

Government party and supporters won't vote against itself. Today's develeopment probably ensures the Gov will survive on Tues. Labour idiots should have tabled it against Taoiseach.
    exactly my point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

mgmt wrote: »
    Come on...

what?

Hes talking about leadership to confront big issues. You are no leader, Mr Cowen.

Stop avoiding Vincent.

Bit of a farce - Greens only given 15 minutes notice.

What odds...they'll suck it up anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Has Vinnny only asked one question? About Cowen running in the election in Offally? I thought we would see another row. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Beginning the speech in Irish was another cynical political stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Biggins wrote: »
    Jeasus, that reminds me... I must get to the bookies now to place a bet on who's going to be the next fool ...sorry, head of Fianna Fail.

It will be ocuiv. theres something in the connemara air that makes people senile. ocuiv could save ff, which is what they only care about - the party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL

Reporter: "Where did it all go wrong?" (mutters) "That might take a while!" so moves on to the next question quickly!

LOL

• Advertisement

amazing though.

he's giving his best performance. if he'd a done this level of comm earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who the hell clapped twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

TV3 dropped the ball - unlike them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A few mod notes:

I've deleted 23 posts for being idiotic, flaming, using completely unacceptable language, off-topic, video-only etc.

Kindly keep in mind that this is the Politics forum, where we discuss politics and current affairs - not a fashion forum or a comedy forum (twitter is always available for those hilarious one-liners). The forum charter is handily stickied at the top of the forum for anyone who hasn't read it. Make a genuine attempt to keep the discussion on-topic please.

/mod

now his own party have to vote confidence in him as Taoiseach on tue.

crazy

That's what you said....no they don't, they have to vote confidence in the 'Government'. Different scenario altogether.

Beginning the speech in Irish was another cynical political stunt.
    oh FFS. We're Irish!!!

enough of 'why the Irish language' nonsense

What a focking insult to this country. Not good enough for FF but good enough for us it seems.

That's what you said....no they don't, they have to vote confidence in the 'Government'. Different scenario altogether.
    sigh. so they're voting for a leaderless govt. stop. stop it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's some poisoned chalice he's handing over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

amazing though.

he's giving his best performance. if he'd a done this level of comm earlier...

Fair comment. I was thinking Shakespeare: "nothing in this [job]became him like the leaving it".

Advertisement