Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin Muscat

• 22-01-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Remember him? Notorious hatchet still plugging away in the A-League.

Well here's his latest work from today -

Possible snapped cruciate for 20 year old Adrian Zahra.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Remember him? Notorious hatchet still plugging away in the A-League.

Well here's his latest work from today -

Possible snapped cruciate for 20 year old Adrian Zahra.

Makes Roy look Tame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Always was a dirty fexker - imo the dirtiest ever to have played in the EPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jesus that was a shocking challenge,

Nice example there from the captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jesus that's woeful bad. the look of shock on his face at the red card is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Absolute disgraceful tackle, he's not even going for the ball. His suspension should last till Zarra starts playing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Just a horrible individual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

How can he even argue with the red? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

What a horrible clogger c*nt.I read on his wiki page that he threatened an 18 year old Ashley Young(in his first professional game) during the warm up by saying "Don't go past me or I'll break your legs."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

that f*cker should get jail. and its not the first time hes made a challenge like that. Absolute thug of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Safe to say that Muscat has a slight temper control problem.
    If he gets his legs broken it would be good enough to him.
    (jaysus, that sounded like a horrible to thing to say normally, but in this case I'll make an exception)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A horrible, horrible human being who thinks he's hard because he picks on kids.

Would he try that **** with someone like Duncan Ferguson? Like **** would he because he'd get kicked to death.

I'd love to have seen him come up against proper hard-men such as Billy Whitehurst who'd have him for breakfast.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He shouldn't be allowed play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Paully D wrote: »
    A horrible, horrible human being who thinks he's hard because he picks on kids.

Would he try that **** with someone like Duncan Ferguson? Like **** would he because he'd get kicked to death.

I'd love to have seen him come up against proper hard-men such as Billy Whitehurst who'd have him for breakfast.
    Love to see him come up against the likes of Vinnie Jones Keane Ferguson Viera everyone of them could teach him a footballing lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That is shocking . Commentator sumed him up perfectly "he's off again "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

A player was tackled so badly by this pathetic man one time that amputation was not ruled out. I remember seeing it on TV a few years back when the player was awarded damages in court because it ended his career.

He shouldn't be allowed to play professionally anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Cant really remember him tbh.... took this from Wikipedia tho! lol..
    Muscat was branded a “lowlife” and a “nobody” by ex-England striker Ian Wright, then of Nottingham Forest, in September 1999. Wright claimed he was about to shoot when he heard Dougie Freedman, Forest's other striker, shout "leave it". Wright stepped over the ball to allow Freedman to hit it, but instead Muscat (who had, according to Wright, merely impersonated Freedman) appeared to clear the ball.[11]

Muscat was dubbed the "most hated man in football" by then Birmingham City player Martin Grainger in 2000.[12] He seriously injured both Craig Bellamy and Christophe Dugarry, the latter in a friendly international between Australia and France in 2001 with a sliding tackle from behind.[12] The French manager Roger Lemerre dubbed the tackle "an act of brutality".[12][13]

There was speculation that Muscat’s temperament was the reason he was never selected for inclusion in an Old Firm encounter during the season he was at Rangers.[14]
    In 2004, a lawsuit on Muscat brought by former Charlton player Matty Holmes resulted in a settlement of £250,000 plus costs in favour of Holmes, bringing the estimated settlement to around £750,000. Holmes had to have four operations on his leg following a tackle by Muscat in 1998, and there were initial fears that his leg might have to be amputated. The claim was settled at the High Court without any admission of liability.[15][16] In a Carling Cup tie while at Millwall, he grabbed the throat of Liverpool striker Milan Baros.[17] Also in 2004, Iwan Roberts admitted he deliberately stamped on Muscat in a match against Norwich City in revenge for his attempt to injure Craig Bellamy in 1999. Roberts was subsequently fined and suspended by the FA for his comments.[18][19]

In December 2005, he was the first A-League player to appear before a FFA disciplinary hearing and was subsequently suspended for two matches for "violent conduct".[20] At an A-league game in October 2006 Muscat clashed with then Adelaide United coach John Kosmina, knocking Kosmina from his chair while retrieving the ball. Kosmina responded by grabbing Muscat by the throat, an action for which Kosmina was suspended for four matches.[21][22]
    Muscat's dominant personality and aggressive style has equally won him admirers and detractors in the A-League, with former England international Terry Butcher stating "Every manager in the A-League would love to have Kevin, and I'm no exception".[23]
    On October 11, 2010, Aston villa winger Ashley Young revealed he was threatened by Muscat during his first professional match as an 18 year old. Young told the media "I remember my first game for Watford. When I came on, Kevin Muscat's first words to me were 'don't go past me or I will break your legs'.[24] This is despite the fact that by the time Young had been substituted in, Muscat had already been sent off.[25] However, it has been found that this was said by Muscat when he jogged past Young in the warm-up.

Muscat's dominant personality and aggressive style has equally won him admirers and detractors in the A-League, with former England international Terry Butcher stating "Every manager in the A-League would love to have Kevin, and I'm no exception"..

Endorsed by Terry Butcher - says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He's a scumbag but this
    Muscat was branded a “lowlife” and a “nobody” by ex-England striker Ian Wright, then of Nottingham Forest, in September 1999. Wright claimed he was about to shoot when he heard Dougie Freedman, Forest's other striker, shout "leave it". Wright stepped over the ball to allow Freedman to hit it, but instead Muscat (who had, according to Wright, merely impersonated Freedman) appeared to clear the ball.

just proves what everyone knew, that Ian Wright is as thick as pig ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fromvert wrote: »
    He's a scumbag but this

just proves what everyone knew, that Ian Wright is as thick as pig ****e.

I have done that in matches :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Id love to put Muscat 1 on 1 with a proper hard man, Vinnie Jones and those of his ilk spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He's not that kind of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Id love to put Muscat 1 on 1 with a proper hard man, Vinnie Jones and those of his ilk spring to mind.
    I watch the A-League quite a bit and I don't like those challenges but people are going overboard here about him. He is a hard man in the game, always was and always will be but he brings passion and leadership to his team as well as that stuff.

People talking about real hard men:rolleyes: Muscat is as hard as they come and fearless, he is well prepared to put his own body on the line for his team. I'm not excusing that tackle and others he has made just to clear that up before somebody replies saying I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eagle eye wrote: »
    I watch the A-League quite a bit and I don't like those challenges but people are going overboard here about him. He is a hard man in the game, always was and always will be but he brings passion and leadership to his team as well as that stuff.

People talking about real hard men:rolleyes: Muscat is as hard as they come and fearless, he is well prepared to put his own body on the line for his team. I'm not excusing that tackle and others he has made just to clear that up before somebody replies saying I am.

He's a bully and a coward who picks on the defenseless and kids.

If he was to try that **** against the likes of Mick Harford, Chopper Harris, Graham Souness etc back in the day he'd have been split in two.

It's pathetic that the likes of Muscat are referred to as ''hardmen''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

And thats why you won

"The poster who always defends the indefensible"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    And thats why you won

"The post who always defends the indefensible"

haha!

And thats why you won

"The poster who always defends the indefensible"
    Show me where I defended his tackle. You see it appears some people only read what they want to read.

Show me where I defended his tackle. You see it appears some people only read what they want to read.
    I didn't say you did, I said that's why you won that award?

Seems like you're also reading what you want to read :rolleyes:

I didn't say you did, I said that's why you won that award?

Seems like you're also reading what you want to read :rolleyes:
    Explain your comment so please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

The guy is an animal, simple as that.

Explain your comment so please?
    It's fairly obvious is it not?

You're defending the man himself, who is an absolute thug.

It's fairly obvious is it not?

You're defending the man himself, who is an absolute thug.
    I'm not defending his horrible tackling. I'm just pointing out that the guy is fearless. I've seen him put his head down to a ball where somebody was about to boot it on goal which most would pull out of. The guy is fearless and I'm saying he is not afraid of anybody or anything. Calling him a coward is just wrong.

I'm not defending his horrible tackling. I'm just pointing out that the guy is fearless. I've seen him put his head down to a ball where somebody was about to boot it on goal which most would pull out of. The guy is fearless and I'm saying he is not afraid of anybody or anything. Calling him a coward is just wrong.
    Eagle Eye wrote:
    people are going overboard here about him.

Sounds like you're defending him there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's nothing brave or fearless about a tackle like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He'd be a great Junior C hurler. He'd still be one of the better Galway United players if he signed for us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That is a filthy fcuking tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Disappointed to see none of the injured players' team mates rushing over to sort the prick out. It was obvious to everyone how high and dangerous the assault was, so no need for post-match replays to see it.

I doubt he blessed himself those times he was sent off for rangers though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/01/23/muscat-apologises-for-horror-tackle/
    MELBOURNE hardman Kevin Muscat has issued a regretful apology for the horror tackle which was feared could put Melbourne Herat youngster Adrian Zahra out of the game for a year.

The veteran Victory man was universally condemned for the scything challenge that saw him sent off in the 2-2 derby draw, and Zahra with a badly damaged knee.

While the prognosis in the day after the derby was better for the Heart young gun, Muscat was facing the prospect of a huge ban from Football Federation Australia.

"It was a horribly mistimed tackle that I deeply regret,” Muscat said.

"It certainly wasn't something I did mean, but I'm going to have to accept everything that comes with it"

Scans today revealed Zahra has partial tears to multiple ligaments, which the Heart say will mean he misses the rest of this season.

But he could be fit enough for the start of next season and may not even need knee surgery.

“It is likely at this stage that the injury will end his participation in the current Hyundai A-League season,” the Heart said

Muscat said he would attempt to contact Zahra to offer a personal apology in the coming days - while hinting his own days as a player could be coming to an end.

"At no point did I have any intent to injure the player. My only concern is the welfare of Adrian,” Muscat said.

"I wish him a speedy recovery and in the next couple of days I'll take the opportunity to try to contact him and pass on my sentiments if he'll accept them.''

"Maybe the game's telling me it's passed me by."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Remember him at Wolves very well, a nasty bit of stuff. Certainly not a footballer, merely a hatchet man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's a bullshít apology tbh. He's done it before and he'll do it again, he's not sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A nothing player a nothing person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Disappointed to see none of the injured players' team mates rushing over to sort the prick out. It was obvious to everyone how high and dangerous the assault was, so no need for post-match replays to see it.

Tackles like this one from that talentless clown Muscat should result in the victims team mates to act like this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

greendom wrote: »
    Endorsed by Terry Butcher - says it all really.

Butcher wasnt a dirty player, hard as nails yes, especially in a time when the game leant a lot more towards that kind of physicality, but he never went out to injure a player in that way.

Bizzare, i had to go and check up on that, i have absolutely no recollection of the guy playing for us.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Butcher wasnt a dirty player, hard as nails yes, especially in a time when the game leant a lot more towards that kind of physicality, but he never went out to injure a player in that way.

Perhaps, I just don't value Butcher's opinion - if he says it, chances are I believe the opposite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Disgraceful stuff,the tackle was desperate,he should be banned for a long time and fined too.

I did find the Ian Wright story funny though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What is this guy doing on a football pitch?

Hard? Fearless? More like a f*cking coward.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    What is this guy doing on a football pitch?

Hard? Fearless? More like a f*cking coward.
    I presume by your name you are a Wayne Rooney fan?

If so is he a coward? I remember him flying at David Beckham with his two feet in the air while Beckham played for United and Rooney for Everton. Beckham managed to jump out of the way but if not he would have been destroyed.

I presume by your name you are a Wayne Rooney fan?

If so is he a coward? I remember him flying at David Beckham with his two feet in the air while Beckham played for United and Rooney for Everton. Beckham managed to jump out of the way but if not he would have been destroyed.
    Nobody here is defending rooney and calling him a hard man.

You are calling this thug a hard man and defending him, when he is really a coward.

Nobody here is defending rooney and calling him a hard man.

You are calling this thug a hard man and defending him, when he is really a coward.
    I'm not defending his tackle and he is a dirty player. He certainly is not a coward though and neither is Rooney imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm not defending his tackle and he is a dirty player. He certainly is not a coward though and neither is Rooney imo.

If you went to a boxing fight with a Bazuka you'd be a coward. It's cowardly, against the rules.
    *Sorry I'm still laughing at my shít example of cowardly*

• Advertisement
Advertisement