Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin Muscat

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

8 game ban for the Scumbag, should have been longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

make the point without resorting to the abuse please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The guy really deserves a beating.

8 game ban is a joke considering his record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If he was playing for my club I'd terminate the contract.
    Make sure he was never signed again.

Pro. F wrote: »
    The guy really deserves a beating.

8 game ban is a joke considering his record.

I think the 8 game ban takes him to the end of his contract with them.
    UrbanSea wrote: »

^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not defending his tackle and he is a dirty player. He certainly is not a coward though and neither is Rooney imo.

You claimed calling a black man a 'darkie' is not racist or offensive. So excuse me if i call bullsh!t on anything you try to catorgorise!!

What's laughable about the whole incident is that he claims he got the ball. Goes nowhere near the ball, goes in knee height, if not higher.

The bloke has always been a sham. Always a dirty player. He's a disgrace!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

UrbanSea wrote: »
    So would you have done the same to Wayne Rooney?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tbh I have no problem getting clattered in a challenge when the chap is going for the ball but it's when he aims for everything but the ball is the issue, muscat is a scum bag and that's that

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    You claimed calling a black man a 'darkie' is not racist or offensive. So excuse me if i call bullsh!t on anything you try to catorgorise!!
    What is the point of that post? I mean seriously, there is no point in it? Just trying to get one up on somebody or something is what it seems like. I'll categorise that as plain silly and childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sorry I'm not aware about this infamous Rooney tackle that you keep mentioning.
    Rooney doesn't seem to consistently act in a thug like fashion on the pitch to as much of an extent.

What is the point of that post? I mean seriously, there is no point in it? Just trying to get one up on somebody or something is what it seems like. I'll categorise that as plain silly and childish.

You just literally defend the indefensible. This is just another of those cases where you seem to against the grain for the sake of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

1) Rooney's not a hatchet man like Muscat, who has a track record for reckless challenges unlike Rooney

2) What does Rooney have to do with Muscat and please tell me it's not to compare one bad tackle on Beckham to someone notorious for bad tackles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

EE, surely even you can see that even if he shows nothing but bravery on the picth in his general play, he ruins it all by making the type of thuggish challenges he has a long history of making.

Also comparing such repeated behaviour in a veteran who really should know better by now to the youthful impetuosity of a young Rooney is just plain silly.

Goiing against the grain miht be grat fun but sometimes you just did too deep. This is one of those times. Stop.

monkey9 wrote: »
    You just literally defend the indefensible. This is just another of those cases where you seem to against the grain for the sake of it!
    So tell me what I'm defending here. All I'm saying is the man is not a coward.

I said his tackle was terrible and wrong.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    EE, surely even you can see that even if he shows nothing but bravery on the picth in his general play, he ruins it all by making the type of thuggish challenges he has a long history of making.
    I completely agree with everything you say here.
    Also comparing such repeated behaviour in a veteran who really should know better by now to the youthful impetuosity of a young Rooney is just plain silly.

Goiing against the grain miht be grat fun but sometimes you just did too deep. This is one of those times. Stop.
    I'm just saying the man is not a coward. I'm in full agreement that his tackle was atrocious, horrible and wrong.

My point is really that the guy puts his heart and soul into what he does. Sometimes he loses it completely and deserves the reputation of being a filthy player. But I'm just saying that he is no coward. Rooney is like him in many ways as far as his on pitch personality is concerned. They both have such a will to win, they both have problems keeping their emotions in check, they both do stupid things.

Does EagLe eye ever give Up, i Don't think so.

i don't undErstanD how you can still deFend the man, he has continoUsly taCKled like that throughout his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I completely agree with everything you say here.

I'm just saying the man is not a coward. I'm in full agreement that his tackle was atrocious, horrible and wrong.

My point is really that the guy puts his heart and soul into what he does. Sometimes he loses it completely and deserves the reputation of being a filthy player. But I'm just saying that he is no coward. Rooney is like him in many ways as far as his on pitch personality is concerned. They both have such a will to win, they both have problems keeping their emotions in check, they both do stupid things.

Its easy to see why people will call such dirty tackles cowardly though. He should know well at his age where to draw the line and can have no co plaints whe peope, gloss over his good qualities. Rooney is an angel beside Muscat. No matter what his good wualities, when muscat's carer is over he'll be defined by his thugery rsther than his skills on the pitch. Him being labelled a coward is totaly understandable and fairly mild compared to what they could be calling him - with some justification.

Its easy to see why people will call such dirty tackles cowardly though. He should know well at his age where to draw the line and can have no co plaints whe peope, gloss over his good qualities. Rooney is an angel beside Muscat. No matter what his good wualities, when muscat's carer is over he'll be defined by his thugery rsther than his skills on the pitch. Him being labelled a coward is totaly understandable and fairly mild compared to what they could be calling him - with some justification.
    No calling him coward is just wrong.

Call him a filthy animal all you want thats justified but not a coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

inforfun wrote: »
    Tackles like this one from that talentless clown Muscat should result in the victims team mates to act like this:

:P thats me every sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Never been anything else has he, dirt

All is forgiven, he blessed himself coming off the pitch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Just watched the OP's original post, f*ck me I knew Muscat was a footballing sadist but I haven't seen that one before.

Advertisement