Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgrace

Options
  • 22-01-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

So just went to get a piercing and my piercer told me that it's not illegal to reuse needles...
    That's disgusting.
    Really got to be safe out there folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

:eek:

Wow. It's all I can muster at the moment. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Eek! Find yourself a new piercer asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Report them to.............oh wait! :mad:

Name and shame I suppose. Not on here though. To your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So just went to get a piercing and my piercer told me that it's not illegal to reuse needles...
    That's disgusting.
    Really got to be safe out there folks.

Well as it's unregulated, it's probably technically NOT illegal.
    It would be a horrific thing to do though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Oh no, not my piercer.
    She opened the new needle in front of me and then bent it and binned it after use.
    She just said that in general, piercers don't have to.
    If I was even approached with a needle that wasn't new I'd be out the door with no hesitations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 RobbieParmo

Change your piercer mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

hi, can you PM me the name of the place?
    I want to know so I know never to go there!! :L

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Oh no, not my piercer.
    She opened the new needle in front of me and then bent it and binned it after use.She just said that in general, piercers don't have to.
    If I was even approached with a needle that wasn't new I'd be out the door with no hesitations.

This in bold is what they should all be doing^^^^

I think your piercer was pointing that technically its not illegal to reuse needles.

Common knowledge suggests that no piercers or even tattooists ever ever reuse needles.

Just ask can you see them being opened in front of you if ever getting pierced or tattooed-any that Ive ever used do that anyway as common practice to set peoples minds at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I'm pretty sure there's no laws regarding piercing/tattoo practices in Ireland but I've never heard of needles being reused here

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

I use piercing blades (needles to the uninitiated). They cost me around 20c each. Why the hell someone would want to reuse them is beyond me. Still, until we get some form of regulation in this country there are still some people who will cut every possible corner.
    I've just had a thought, We don't have a Minister for Health. In fact we don't have a government, so when your public representative knocks on your door asking for your vote why not ask them what they plan to do about this serious issue and the lack of regulation in the body modification industry .

• Advertisement
Advertisement