Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

septic tank problems

• 22-01-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

i have a septic tank that needs emptying. problem is that it is located in the corner of the back garden with limited access. short of knocking a wall to back a tractor into it, anyone know of someone or have something that reach it from 13metres? financially knocking the wall is not an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i have a septic tank that needs emptying. problem is that it is located in the corner of the back garden with limited access. short of knocking a wall to back a tractor into it, anyone know of someone or have something that reach it from 13metres? financially knocking the wall is not an option.

perhaps a 3 inch sludge pump will do it. Its essentially a petrol pump with a pipe in and a pipe out, it may fill the tractor tanker from a distance if your run the pipe to it

Sludge_pump_with_Honda_engine_WT30X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

any sewage company would have any length of hose 2reach it,so uwon,t b stuck.alternatively ring sum agri contractors in ur local area.most of them do that work or could put u on 2 1 who does.may b cheaper 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭IRISHROVER98

so far i can only find dyno rod who want 670 to come down to portlaoise and empty it. surely to god there is some1 out there with a hose long enough to reach the tank that wont cost a fortune to come to the house and wont require the knocking of the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

get out ur yellow pages and look up agri contractors.ring em.as i said many off them do that work 2. and won,t charge that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

go to the nearist farm to your house and ask them to empty it its normally €80 in my aera he will get extra pipes from other farmers if hes does not reach

• Advertisement
Advertisement