Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15-20 Garda cars driving on Blackhorse Avenue Friday

Options
  • 22-01-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

I was driving down Blackhorse Avenue at about 3 or so Friday afternoon and about 15-20 Garda cars were driving in the opposite direction. No lights on or anything, but I thought it was quite odd to see so many in a line.

Anyone know what that was or would be all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Probably going to the headquarters for a donut.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

OisinT wrote: »
    I was driving down Blackhorse Avenue at about 3 or so Friday afternoon and about 15-20 Garda cars were driving in the opposite direction. No lights on or anything, but I thought it was quite odd to see so many in a line.

Anyone know what that was or would be all about?

That would have been the annual Garda Grand Prix, Highlights on Setanta next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

lordlame wrote: »
    Probably going to the headquarters for a donut.

Your username is quite apt considering that joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Maybe they just took delivery of their new Avensi and were taking them for a burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sounds like a silly thing to be curious about I know, but I thought it was odd when I saw the first 4... but they just kept coming and I was really like WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hardly got any pictures did you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hardly got any pictures did you? :)
    No, I was driving myself in the opposite direction (towards town)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

A funeral perhaps?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

They forgot to bring their sat nav's and got lost, so were driving slowing looking for a street name sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

stimpson wrote: »
    Maybe they just took delivery of their new Avensi and were taking them for a burn.

They did sign an order for a load of new Avensis, or Avensi :D , recently so that was more than likely what you saw. They were probably going to or coming from headquarters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

would it have been anything to do with the political goings on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

All new garda cars before being dispatched to there areas are parked there in garda hq,I would say they were heading there.

Advertisement