Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation request

• 22-01-2011 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone give me a German translation for the following phrases? You're fired Baked beans Please leave our building Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The_Claw wrote: »
    You're fired Baked beans
    Is that one or two phrases?

http://translate.google.ie/?hl=en&tab=wT#en|de|

Thanks! = Danke (informal) Vielen Dank (Thank you very much)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Thanks, Victor. My request didn't come out very clearly - in fact I was looking for three separate phrases: "You're fired!" "Please leave" (or "Please leave our building") and "baked beans". I'm not sure I trust Google's translator so if any natives can translate I'd be very appreciative. Danke sehr, Claw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

"You're fired!" - Sie sind entlassen!
    "Please leave" - Gehen Sie bitte!
    "Please leave our building" - Bitte verlassen Sie das Haus/Gebäude
    "baked beans" - Gebackene Bohnen (though they do say baked beans in German, too)

Edit: I'm deadly curious how the baked beans fit in this scenario... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That sounds like somebody got the sack, because he was kind of farting in the job :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Carry wrote: »
    "You're fired!" - Sie sind entlassen!
    "Please leave" - Gehen Sie bitte!
    "Please leave our building" - Bitte verlassen Sie das Haus/Gebäude
    "baked beans" - Gebackene Bohnen (though they do say baked beans in German, too)

Edit: I'm deadly curious how the baked beans fit in this scenario... :D

Thanks Carry! Have been writing an essay about a summer working in Germany, and then getting fired in Germany, after which I was broke and found myself eating a lot of baked beans. Finding a can of beans in Germany without wurst or some other pork product in it was in itself a full-time job. :D

Thanks again for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

The_Claw wrote: »
    Finding a can of beans in Germany without wurst or some other pork product in it was in itself a full-time job. :D

Oh so true! :rolleyes:

In times of being broke back in Germany we've had cans of Ravioli in Tomato Sauce ... (shudder) :eek: Kind of the equivalent of baked beans in Ireland, only less tasty.

Good luck with your essay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I could find a lot of familiar foods (even brands) in a big supermarket called Kaufland when I lived in Erlangen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

'Kaufland' are quite good indeed, but they are not everywhere in Germany, most likely in the south of the country.

A decade ago, there were loads of Marks and Spencer outlets, too...but for some reason, they went bust after a year or so :confused:

Advertisement