Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question in regards to Geography field work

• 22-01-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi , i have written up my field work , it is already to be put in the booklet although i am unsure on the wordcount. I was wondering if anyone could point out to me what examiners actually class as a word. IE is references like Fig.3 a word , are the words in the table for solution and suspension classed as words , is site1 and site2 classed as words? are any measurements stated classed as words? thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

This is nothing to do with the topic but anyhow would it be possible to study geography at college despite not haveing did it for junior or leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

dean27 wrote: »
    Hi , i have written up my field work , it is already to be put in the booklet although i am unsure on the wordcount. I was wondering if anyone could point out to me what examiners actually class as a word. IE is references like Fig.3 a word , are the words in the table for solution and suspension classed as words , is site1 and site2 classed as words? are any measurements stated classed as words? thank you.

From what I was told when I did it word count isn't important as long as the writing is a decent size and all fits on the pages you're given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

C__MC wrote: »
    This is nothing to do with the topic but anyhow would it be possible to study geography at college despite not haveing did it for junior or leaving?

Yes. For example, first year geography in UCD as part of an arts degree has 2 modules called 'Introduction to Physical Geography and Environment' and 'Introduction to Human Geography 1: People and Places'. No prior knowledge of geography is assumed.

Advertisement